What wiring changes will be required for Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Although good to be on the safe side and use RG-6 cable spec'ed to 3000 MHz.

It must be admitted that we don't yet know the frequencies of the new dpZ channel stacking scheme for the H3 or Walleys other than that they fall somewhere within 950-3000 MHz range.

But since DIRECTV currently fits 22 tuner channels between only 950-2150 MHz, then there's no reason Dish needs up to 3 GHz for only 16.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Here is the link as text code instead so it does not turn in to an ad.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007U9EQI6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=EU3QB67153O4&coliid=I1PXSD0H7VTGRA

Yeah but we rely on the ads to keep the site running. If someone clicks the ad and buys anything at Amazon that day we get some $$ from Amazon. :)

I was thinking of switching from DirecTV to Dish for the Hopper 3, but looks like that is out. The lines running from the existing DirecTV Dish do appear to be higher grade, even though none of it is marked aside from being RG6.
If it works with DIRECTV it will sure as hell work with DISH. :)

Good. My wife is almost completely fed up with our laggy HR34 that they refuse to do anything about. I'm at the point where I either have to buy a HR54 from Solid Signal to fix that or switch to Dish.

My only caveat is we get the NY DIstant Network stations which I do watch a lot. I'd lose those permanently if we switched. Our locals are horrible with their weather scrolls and warnings... During a recent flash flood warning they stayed on the screen for three days straight.

If we did go to Dish I'd have to "move" to the neighboring DMA to survive that, and just insert our locals with the OTA tuner. I'd do that now, but the AM21n isn't stable enough.

There is no doubt that is true. I have seen hoppers ran on a bunch of different cables with absolutely no issues. The issue lies on whether or not the installer wants to chance using existing and or unapproved cable. Based on that persons current status with the company may influence their decision to go agains company policy. If the end user insists on using existing the company has little choice but to do as the customer wishes. Just be warned. If the cable fails, approved cable or not, it will need to be replaced. My personal experience is not many cables fail. Usually fittings or components but have seen cables not carry the higher frequencies and hoppers have intermittent signal issues on certain transponders.

I feed all my smaller TVs from a Joey with an RF modulator. The picture's not that bad and
If it is the line ran to the hopper it should be rated for 3000mhz or 3ghz. If it is not rated you can possibly run into issues since the hopper uses the bandwidth up to 3ghz.
The Hopper 1 & 2 required 3ghz tested coax but the Hopper3 only requires 2.15ghz tested coax so any RG6 will be fine.

The Hopper 1 & 2 required 3ghz tested coax but the Hopper3 only requires 2.15ghz tested coax so any RG6 will be fine.

Hey, where did you get that spec. from?

If true sounds like Dish's dpZ is using similar if not the same xpndr channel stacking frequencies as DIRECTV's SWiM.

A cable rated for 3ghz, if tested for higher bandwidth would probably go well beyond its rating. Same can be said for rg6 cable rated for lower bandwidth.

I feed all my smaller TVs from a Joey with an RF modulator. The picture's not that bad and

What's your remote range? I'm wondering if the 4K Joey will be able to mirror any better.

A cable rated for 3ghz, if tested for higher bandwidth would probably go well beyond its rating. Same can be said for rg6 cable rated for lower bandwidth.
Sometimes its a lot smarter to buy the "cheaper" product in a product line since it would cost them more to stop the line and make a cheaper product. They just keep going, price one at a premium (maybe paying UL for licensing and testing?) but with no actual difference in product quality.

I'm curious about this as well ...

What real benefit is it for the H3 to have MoCA 2.0 capability if the Joey clients can only use MoCA 1.1?

Perhaps the 4K Joeys will have MoCA 2.0 so multiple ones in an install can be easily supported by the H3?

There will be a new joey. Joey2.0 will work on the h3 and hws but not h2k. The joey1.0 can't work on the h3.

There will be a new joey. Joey2.0 will work on the h3 and hws but not h2k. The joey1.0 can't work on the h3.
It's been well published the original Joey will work on the H3 and the "new Joey2.0", is one they have been using for the last year and half previously known as the JoeyCR

Reactions: JSheridan

Wrong. I need a source becaused Dish directive states RG6 3ghz must be used for the host line. Ask any technician and they will tell you that with out 3ghz all the tuners won't pull through. I've made that mistake trusting newly ran cable by an electrician. Dish uses the entire bandwidth of the cable. You NEED 3ghz from the dish to the hub and you NEED 3ghz from the host port to the hopper. That's how we are trained and how the engineers designed it.

Highly incorrect.

The Joey 2.0 has been around for a couple years known as the Joey CR. It is just being renamed to the Joey 2.0 to make it easier to keep track of.

It works with ALL Hoppers.

Reactions: ChadT41
Highly incorrect.

The Joey 2.0 has been around for a couple years known as the Joey CR. It is just being renamed to the Joey 2.0 to make it easier to keep track of.

Highly incorrect.

That's not what the technician website shows