What's for dinner ?

Homemade carne adovada (has to be homemade you can't get it here otherwise), cilantro rice, and Bush's Southwest Pinto beans. Very tasty vittles...
IMG_0455.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: dfergie and TRG
Started off with a pot of Chile Verde made with *Lemitar green chile. Then made ground beef and sour cream enchiladas smothered in green chile and cheese, pinto beans and Mexican rice. + a beer or 2 for the chef.

* I've mentioned this before but... Everyone makes a fuss over Hatch Green Chile. And rightfully so. Its arguably the champion of New Mexican chile. But did you know that technically there is no such thing as, "Hatch Green Chile." There is green chile grown in the Hatch river valley. And there are lesser known areas of the state that grow excellent green chile as well. Chile from Lemitar, NM for example. Some people in the know believe that chile grown in Lemitar is better than Hatch. Others cry, "SACRILEGE!" when that statement is made. I personally like them both. They each have their own unique flavor. I eat a lot of hot green chile so I put up about 40 lbs of each in my freezer every year during the autumn harvest. They both bring a broad smile across my face as they cross my lips.

Started off with a pot of Chile Verde made with *Lemitar green chile. Then made ground beef and sour cream enchiladas smothered in green chile and cheese, pinto beans and Mexican rice. + a beer or 2 for the chef.

* I've mentioned this before but... Everyone makes a fuss over Hatch Green Chile. And rightfully so. Its arguably the champion of New Mexican chile. But did you know that technically there is no such thing as, "Hatch Green Chile." There is green chile grown in the Hatch river valley. And there are lesser known areas of the state that grow excellent green chile as well. Chile from Lemitar, NM for example. Some people in the know believe that chile grown in Lemitar is better than Hatch. Others cry, "SACRILEGE!" when that statement is made. I personally like them both. They each have their own unique flavor. I eat a lot of hot green chile so I put up about 40 lbs of each in my freezer every year during the autumn harvest. They both bring a broad smile across my face as they cross my lips.
Also some grown around Artesia, never tried...
No supper tonight, might have nacho's...

Crap...I'm coming over for dinner..... LOL

Reactions: Bobby and dfergie