What's for dinner ?

OK, its 100 degrees outside and what did I want for dinner? Green chile stew of course. :coco I know, crazy, right? That's more of a traditional winter meal. Well that's what I wanted so I made it. I utilized my vintage 1980's crock pot so as not to heat up the kitchen too much. Started with dry (*Anasazi) beans and water to cover for the first for 2.5 hours while I worked from home today. Then I coated stew size bits of pork in flour and browned in a cast iron skillet. Peeled and cubed two large russets, 1 10 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, Knor chicken base and the star of the show 2 cups of chopped NM green chile. Cooked for another 2 hours on high. Warmed a few flour tortilla's on the comal and served with butter. I thought I died and went to heaven. Mexican lager in my favorite glass topped it off.

* Anasazi beans. “Anasazi” is Navajo for “the ancient ones.” They date back from cliff-dwelling Native Americans that lived in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and Utah all the way back to 130 A.D. If you'd like to try them the best ones, in my opinion come from Adobe Mills.

Adobe Milling Dove Creek, Colorado: Gourmet Beans of all kinds for great Southwest Cooking!

• Love
Reactions: dfergie and Bobby
Spinach and ricotta ravioli with home made meat sauce, hot Italian sausage, freshly grated Romano cheese and a simple green salad. Locally crafted IPA for the chef and a glass of red wine for the wife.

51TFoTp7aSL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Grilled Cornish hens with herbs, wild rice with butter and garlic, fresh peas and carrots. Locally brewed IPA for the grill master. :drunk

I had a small bowl with Doritos, beans cooked with green chile, hamburger meat, nacho jalepenos and queso earlier... with cerveza.
I'm making my "simple nachos" tomorrow night. A layer of corn chips, ground beef, refried beans, cheddar. Black olives, tomato, lettuce, minced white onion, sour cream and home made salsa after it comes out of the oven. There may be a beer or two involved. ;)