What's for dinner ?

I do have a fish recipe that involves a potato chip crust, but not sure how it will work with trout. I will look it up for you

What kind of goose are you cooking and are you baking it whole or want a recipe for breast only.

A whole goose...they have them on sale at the 'whole food' near my house. They are pricey, but I'm sure its worth it if its cooked properly. Thats why I'm asking for the advice... ;) Don't want to mess up a good bird.

Last edited:
Lunch Today: Tacos with leftover material going to Burritos to freeze for work...
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Can Pinto Beans (usually use home cooked)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 Hatch Green Chiles
1/2 of a Bell Pepper
Onion Flakes
Corn Tortillas
Flour Tortillas

Brown ground beef with diced green chiles and bell pepper and sprinkle with the onion flakes (out of onions) add beans when browned... heat then put in the tortillas with grated cheese...

A whole goose...they have them on sale at the 'whole food' near my house. They are pricey, but I'm sure its worth it if its cooked properly. Thats why I'm asking for the advice... ;) Don't want to mess up a good bird.

I haven't cooked a domestic goose from the stores, but when I bake a Canadian goose I wrap the bird sealed if foil breast down to allow the breast to simmer in the juices.
Wash bird well inside and out
Cut Red Apple in wedges to fit inside of bird.
Use Italian dressing or chicken broth (pour a small amount so the breast is covered.
Add any other of your favorite seasoning (Cayenne, garlic, onion, etc.)
Seal foil with duck breast down.
Place on a pan in case of leakage.
Bake at 250 to 275 for 4 to 6 hours (may be less for domestic bird) until breasts are tender.
Remove from foil and place on back with breast up.
Use Red Plum jelly and spread over breasts. Repeat if you want as jelly dries. Do not let the jelly burn or darken.

Breakfast today...Burritos
2 Hatch Green Chiles average size
6 eggs
3.5 strips of low sodium bacon
sharp chedder cheese
3 flour tortillas

Cook Bacon and set aside, dice the chiles, crumble the bacon up and grate the cheese.
Put eggs into a frying pan with just a splash of milk, add diced chiles and bacon and stir frequently.
Heat tortillas on either a burner or in the microwave, fill with the scrambled egg / green chile / bacon mix and add cheese (if wanted).