Whats the Furthest East Sat you can Hit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tried tonight but was not sucessful, USAL was not working and when I used Diseq the dish hit the tripod. I will try again, I have to raise the dish up higher on the mast.

vfrjim, can you post a couple of the active transponders from 12.5W
Thanks in advance :up:up Mike Lib

I will try to get to it this weekend. I have not been at 12.5 in a long time, hopefully leaves do not hinder it right now.

Jim

For anyone who is interested, there is a nice solar transit calculator available (on-line) here:

Sun Outage Calculator

Twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, the sun aligns nearly perfectly with the satellites in the Clarke Belt. If you have the opportunity to be at home (or wherever you are setting a dish up) on the dates indicated, I urge you to check it out. It is really sweet!

RADAR

That is real cool Radar , I will definitely make plans for the week of October 5th - 12th in my neck of the woods , I am really curious to see where Telstar 12 is in relation to my neighbors treeline , maybe there is still hope yet.

For me Its NSS7 at 22.0 w on my 71/2 Unimash dish with H-H mount , C/KU International CoRotor II

Currently it's 58°W but I have not tried any further east than that. There are tree issues. I planted my 10' C-Band dish where I was sure to get a good view of the western part of the arc (and I do) which was more important to me. I spent some time this weekend and last clearing trees and re-aligning the dish. I might be able to get as far as 55°W but anything more than that and I would have to clear a bunch more trees. There's really nothing over there worth that much effort. I have not tried any farther that 139°W on the western side.
If I really wanted to I could probably put a dish in the north west corner of the yard and get past 55° but at this time I have no plans to do that.

That is real cool Radar , I will definitely make plans for the week of October 5th - 12th in my neck of the woods , I am really curious to see where Telstar 12 is in relation to my neighbors treeline , maybe there is still hope yet.

Jayelem,

I hope that this tool gives you a great advantage in placing any future dishes! That would be great if it helps you find a "sweet spot" in your yard or on your roof for a better install to get more sats.

For me, it provided a much more accurate picture of what I was dealing with in regards to trees and other obstructions (mainly trees). I have a row of Catalpa trees that are very mature and thus VERY tall and wide. Ain't no signal going to get through a "full growed" catalpa tree, if you know what their leaves are like.

I was really trying hard to get the 12.050 TP from 43.0W, but I still cannot pull it in (used to, but not anymore). However, I can get many TPs from 30.0W now, and in the mid to high 90% quality level range. I would never have been able to get Hispasat to come in where my dish was originally located. But I am happy with it now.

I wanted a full, clear LOS to every satellite that was above my horizon, I now have that but am still a bit fuddled over 43.0 W. I only get two permanent channels (on at 92-96% and one near 70%) and one or two feeds (maybe). But no Dr. Dish and no sign of a signal from TP 12.050

If anyone can get NSS 7 @ 22.0W, please respond to inform if there is a hot and consistently active TP on this sat for N.A. I might be able to get a glimpse of this bird if I try hard, but I need a reliably hot TP to do so. At least I would like to try. Thanks.

Just a side note, I hear that all Echostar sats at 148.0W are gone now. That is going to be a disappointment to me as it was nice to utilize their test card channel ("Congratulations, you are pointed at....."). That was the furthest west satellite for me and I liked to utilize it to verify my arc (even though it was a circular bird). It was a good marker since there was nothing else along the line of Ku band between 129 and 148, it was helpful. Bye Bye Birdie! :(

RADAR

If anyone can get NSS 7 @ 22.0W, please respond to inform if there is a hot and consistently active TP on this sat for N.A. I might be able to get a glimpse of this bird if I try hard, but I need a reliably hot TP to do so. At least I would like to try. Thanks.RADAR

Check out NSS7 22 W around 9:00 to 10:00 EDST, 12035/v/2893, and 12040/v/2893, they are listed as feeds on Lyngsat.

The channels are not hot every night, check every day for a week, you will be surprised.

Check out NSS7 22 W around 9:00 to 10:00 EDST, 12035/v/2893, and 12040/v/2893, they are listed as feeds on Lyngsat.

The channels are not hot every night, check every day for a week, you will be surprised.

Mikelib,

Hey bud! Thanks for the assistance and tip on NSS 7! That gives me a couple of TPs and at least a time frame to try. I take it that you have detected something on these before at some time near thase hours. Much appreciated! Thank you!

I will try to give it a shot.

RADAR

It used to be 11.0W where Express A3 used to reside...but since there is no programming there now (AM44 is there but I've found nothing on it ) it is AB1 at 12.5W.

Mikelib,

Hey bud! Thanks for the assistance and tip on NSS 7! That gives me a couple of TPs and at least a time frame to try. I take it that you have detected something on these before at some time near thase hours. Much appreciated! Thank you!

I will try to give it a shot.

RADAR
Let me know if you get any stations, also there is a scrambled Reuters feed that pops in and out at times, 12005/V/4000 it has audio saying it is a Reuters World News Service. Lyngsat has it listed as a Carribean beam.
Mike Lib

For me Its NSS10 on my cband dish, I havent ventured in to KU yet. It seems like anything east of amc3 gets forgotton about other than a few like amc6. Im mainly looking for FTA hd. When I wake up in the morning I think Ill start swinging my dish twards the west up to amc 6 and give that whole side of the arch a good scan. Lots of s2 over on I805, but nothing good :(.. Im hoping that maybe I can find something coming from over the pond that might be good! ^____^

I've only gone to W3. I don't see anything of interest further east so I haven't tried to bring any of those in. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts