Wheeeee......I'm unemployed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I had to choose between a job I love doing and a job that just pays well, I would go with the former. In a way that is what I am doing now. Although I hope at some point I am able to make much more money from it.:rolleyes:

If it was that easy I would :)
Honestly if I didnt own my house, I wouldn't be in the Twin Cities right now. I'd probably be somewhere in Northern MN with a simple little house, a pretty nice size yard to put the FTA setups (duh!) and a fun job. But finding jobs outside of the Twin Cities is tough. The rule is "find the job then the house" :)

Iceberg has been a great help to so many people on this forum. He has spent countless hours answering people's questions and providing generous assistance.

I feel that if anyone on this forums found Icebergs contributions of benefit to him/her should donate a $ or more to an ICEBERG special fund.

Here is my suggestion: Iceberg, I hope you don't mind. Please setup a Paypal account to receive these funds. Let us know the email address to send a small donation to you as a token of appreciation.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Sadoun I can't do that. That's just not me. I like to help people out and have always asked for nothing in return. I would prefer people save their money and use it to buy FTA equipment then to give it away to someone who got fired :)

unless y'all convince me otherwise ;)

Last edited:
Why do bad things happen to the very good guys? :mad: Sorry to hear about your job loss ICE!!

well hopefully this week goes good. Got a couple interviews lined up and had one today at a telephone company.

They really liked my resume. Hell I've got 10 years in Telecomm (both landline and wireless) and I use to work for a landline phone company (not AT&T) so I knew how it works. That interview I actually had fun with :)

Iceberg,

Sorry you lost your job. But, as I have found, it may be a blessing in disguise.
As I have been fired or quit jobs, it was an opening to a better opportunity and meeting new people. I am sure that you will eventually find yourself in a better situation.

My best jobs were found by networking.

Good luck!

just another opportunity

... as I have found, it may be a blessing in disguise.
As I have been fired or quit jobs, it was an opening to a better opportunity and meeting new people. ...

My best jobs were found by networking.
As a consultant for several decades, I'd have to agree.
Many times, I'd hire or recommend my friends for jobs at a client company, and at other times, my friends would hire or recommend me for a project.

And of course, at each new company, ya make new friends.
So, when they needed something done, either I'd get called to do it, or to recommend someone.... . .

Hey Tony, sorry to hear about the job. I hate looking for new jobs - but in my industry, it's normal to change jobs every 3-5 years, so I'm pretty comfortable with the resume and the interviewing process. Hopefully things will go smoothly for you!

If you wanna move south, I work for a company that owns a telecommunication company - mostly localized phone, IP tv, and internet all over fiber to the home. We even have the possibility of adding some satellite channels to our tv lineup (if we can ever get them to invest in the equipment and allow someone here to maintain it!). They are always looking for good people here ;)

Iceberg, I had a friend who always said " I was looking for a job when I found this one" His meaning was simple, jobs are out there in plenty finding the one you want is the challenge. Take a breather, relax abit, dont do anything stupid. You and God will figure something out. In the mean time maybe if your over my way or somewhere close I'll buy lunch.....side note: as past union president for our local, IF you are not happy with the representation you recieved from your steward file a complaint with your local president or business rep. but don't wait too long there are usually time limits. Not sure how larger unions work but my business rep was willing to meet with any of my members privately to discuss issues especially as they pertained to local business matter...

well started the new gig today. Change of pace

company just up the road from where I live. Pretty easy to explain. When you lease a vehicle or purchase it through a finance company you have to have full coverage insurance on it. Those lending companies have our company call the insurance companies to verify the info. So basically we are calling insurance companies to verify that someone has full coverage of insurance and to get the insurance info (deductibles, etc)...pretty easy

positive thing is the worst you'd get hollered at is when an insurance agent says they faxed the info 20 times. You work kinda at your own pace (they have a bar of how many calls they want you to make but you work at your own pace)

Its customer service but its dramatically different...and honestly its refreshing :)

Ice, that's great news that you're back at work! I was out when you made the announcement, but I'm glad that the "down time" was relatively short.

If it was any longer, I was going to try and convince you to come up here and help me put the Primestar on a motor in exchange for supper ;)

Ice, that's great news that you're back at work! I was out when you made the announcement, but I'm glad that the "down time" was relatively short.

If it was any longer, I was going to try and convince you to come up here and help me put the Primestar on a motor in exchange for supper ;)

He might STILL work for food !! What's cookin' ? :)

Good news, Ice.

you and me both.....3 weeks with no money coming in (AT&T is dicking around giving me unemployment) kinda sucks.

But it was weird. I made sure NOT to spend 24/7 working on the system. During the day it was job hunting and after 5:00 then I could play :)

you and me both.....3 weeks with no money coming in (AT&T is dicking around giving me unemployment) kinda sucks.

But it was weird. I made sure NOT to spend 24/7 working on the system. During the day it was job hunting and after 5:00 then I could play :)

That was my mentality when I was out of work a few years back. Job hunt from 9-5, after that do whatever....sometimes that rule got stretched, but not often.

12 miles closer is very good. I'm happy that I've got a 10 minute drive to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)