When are the new HD channels launching?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been asking for the all of the missing channels available in HD from HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore and Showtime. And Investigation Discovery and AMC.

After wading through 9 pages of posts I learned absolutely NOTHING. Just people whining about DirecTV's missing HD content. What a waste of space.

Sure I would love to have everything in HD but it would be nice to know when HD channels will be added and what channels will be added. Rant over

After wading through 9 pages of posts I learned absolutely NOTHING. Just people whining about DirecTV's missing HD content. What a waste of space.

Sure I would love to have everything in HD but it would be nice to know when HD channels will be added and what channels will be added. Rant over

It takes a real loser to not only read through 9 pages of a topic they are not interested in, but then to put down all these posters just to be a jerk is icing on your cake of JERK.

I see you are new here, so maybe you don't understand the site. But most of us dont' read and comment on posts we aren't interested in.

Little, if anything, is going to be added before the successful deployment of DIRECTV's next Ka band satellite. They are effectively out of room to add more national HD channels.

It takes a real loser to not only read through 9 pages of a topic they are not interested in, but then to put down all these posters just to be a jerk is icing on your cake of JERK.

I see you are new here, so maybe you don't understand the site. But most of us dont' read and comment on posts we aren't interested in.

And it takes a real JACKASS to flame a newbie to this forum, but not new to forums.

Let's see: Title of subject "When are the new HD channels launching?"

And 9 pages with ZERO answers to the OP just a bunch of whinging and speculation. -i.e. I was stating the obvious.

And HEY WHEN ARE NEW HD CHANNELS COMING TO DIRECTV?????

And it takes a real JACKASS to flame a newbie to this forum, but not new to forums.

Let's see: Title of subject "When are the new HD channels launching?"

And 9 pages with ZERO answers to the OP just a bunch of whinging and speculation. -i.e. I was stating the obvious.

I believe I answered this in post # 20 about 10 days ago .... SMART ASS . :rolleyes:

Welcome GunnyD, as for your answer...."when hell freezes over"
oh and btw, you can't win with these D* ass kissers in here.

We don't know which channels or specifically when. D* is staying mum on this subject.

Odds are that we will see very few new HD channels over the next several months. That is, unless D* decides to compress bandwidth even more on HD channels, which many of us in this thread have stated that we do not want them to do.

Thus all we can do is speculate, whine, and lobby.

We don't know which channels or specifically when. D* is staying mum on this subject.

Thank you Tom,

Some just can't seem to understand that unless we give you exact channel names and dates that WE DON'T know and D* has NO reason or need to tell us.

If you all remember, and many don't, if you were here back in '07 I think it was when D* brought us new HD channels about every week or two, they got bashed because this or that channel wasn't there yet.
The are NOT going to make a big announcement and not be able to do what they say again. (at least it looks like they learned from it)

IF they tell you 10 channels will be on on 101010 date and it's not, they get slammed, they are much better off turning them on when they do and the anticipation and hype won't be there consequently, they won't be slammed.

They will have to provide more specific information at some point. As stated earlier, they are already marketing an expansion of the HD channels. For that marketing to really mean something to the potential D* customer, or to current D* customers thinking about upgrading to HD, it has to become more than marketing fluff.

I would be surprised if they gave out any specifics before D12 is launched and has passed some initial testing. It would be very risky to announce specifics before knowing they have additional capacity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts