When can you order?

Called at 8AM this morning to replace our two 722's with two Hoppers. Was offered an install this morning from 8-12! Scheduled it for the weekend instead.

HELP ME DIRT TEAM.

I have been stuck in CSR roulette, and can't get a straight answer.

I would like to get 2 hoppers with the dual node adapter, and 3 joeys.

My current setup is (1) 722 and (2) 222K receivers with the AT250 Package.

What would this cost per month vs my current setup, and what are my upfront costs?

Can you help me put the order through too, as the CSR's seem to be very lost in the process

Thanks

Help. I just talked with a csr trying to get 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She keeps telling me that I need 4 joeys for 4 tv's. she said every combination but what I wanted including 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I think I finally convinced her to order 2 and 2 as she put me on hold for a long time and when she came back she said OK.. Let see what I actually get tomorrow when they come to install. My price is supposed to be $200.00 plus a 24 month commitment.I am sure the last thing she said isn't right but she said "I DIDN"T HAVE TO RETURN THE OLD RECEIVERS". My 722K is only about 1 week old as they had to replace a defective VIP722. "John"

I would PM a DIRT member as it sounds like DISH has your old receivers listed as owned instead of leased. Might want to make sure though before they send you a bill. :D

For everyone who orders today, I suggest that you check your email, and read the confirmation carefully. The CSRs seem to listen to what you order, then the confirmation is different.

I would PM a DIRT member as it sounds like DISH has your old receivers listed as owned instead of leased. Might want to make sure though before they send you a bill. :D

I knew it wasn't right. I got and email to return a smart card for a DP510 which I used to own. It has been gone for years. Their email even showed that I owned it. Why would they want the smart card back. No mention of the 622 or 722k. "John"

.....I am sure the last thing she said isn't right but she said "I DIDN"T HAVE TO RETURN THE OLD RECEIVERS". My 722K is only about 1 week old as they had to replace a defective VIP722. "John"

I knew it wasn't right. I got and email to return a smart card for a DP510 which I used to own. It has been gone for years. Their email even showed that I owned it. Why would they want the smart card back. No mention of the 622 or 722k. "John"

Maybe they plan on the installer taking the old equipment. Be sure to have that 510 ready! ;)

Anyway, a 510 is of little value, even for WA. They'll be removing those from service, and they certainly aren't sending any out anymore. I suspect a PM to a DIRT member will be the best way of correcting this.

Things keep getting couriouser and couriouser. They also want smart cards for an echo 4000 and an echo dp721. Where are the dirt emails listed?

My confirmation email said 1 hopper and 1 Joey even though I said 3 tvs. She even told me the 1st Joey and hopper are free and the 2nd hopper is 7/mo. This is not right. I'm a tech and I've been through all the training. I'll have to wait to see what the work order says.

Attempt two was via Chat and I was told my account wasn't eligible for an upgrade. Trying a DIRT now.

Called this morning, upgraded to 1 Hopper and 1 Joey for $100 plus the $15 tech visit. Email confirmation was correct. Installer should be here within the next hour.

Thanks to Zach from DIRT for helping with my order. Getting 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys installed on Saturday. Its too bad the Hoppers cant talk to each other yet, but that is the price you pay for being an early adopter.

One thing I realized I need to do is run out and get an RF modulator. The TV in my sons room is an older analog SD set with no video/audio connectors, so I will have to feed a modulator from the Joey.

royrdsjr said:
Is that because of the single node versus double node? Solid Signal is selling the double node. They're also selling the Hopper Internet Connectors.

No, it is because they are still working on enabling it in the software. A 2 Hopper install requires a Duo Node.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Forum Runner

No, it is because they are still working on enabling it in the software. A 2 Hopper install requires a Duo Node.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Forum Runner

So the strong bet would be to have PTAT enabled on BOTH Hoppers then right? Does that mean then that,say if you had 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys,if one of the Joeys was connected to one of the Hoppers with a Tap,that Joey would only see that one Hopper right,where as the other 2 Joeys were connected from the duo node using a 2-way splitter(the 2 Hoppers & a HIC would occupy the other outputs on the duo node),would they only see the other Hopper from the duo node?

After two years away from Dish with Cox cable, I decided to jump (no pun intended) back in. Ordered online today for an install tomorrow afternoon. One Hopper and one Joey. With the promo discounts I'll be paying the same per month as with Cox, but with a whole home DVR and a few more channels.

Downside is that Cox can support several TV sets that I have which aren't connected to cable boxes. Down the road I'll probably end up getting a couple more of the Joeys, but as empty nesters now that's not critical.

If you are in an RV, you cannot upgrade through Dish CSRs. Now if they only had enough sense to say that RV upgrades need to be done through dealers instead of "you are not qualified for an upgrade."

Not that working through a dealer is that great, 7 phone calls between yesterday abd today and the same information given multiple time but I am in the queue for a install that will be scheduled Wednesday. But it looks like I will be the first Hopper install in the Rio Grande Valley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)