When was Sirius/XM Better?!

When was Sirius / XM better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got XM back in 04. I liked it before the merger. The competition between the two made for better programming. Now without competition, SiriusXM quality has dropped because they know the only competition they have is from fm radio. I still listen because it is better than anything on fm.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

GM stopped selling XM ?
I have an '08 Impala and it has XM in it and I know that XM is still available today in new cars.
GM doesn't own it any more so its not "pushed"like it once was..however my point was that GM car sales (at one time) took a deep nosedive which led to fewer XM subs

Even though I'm a terrestrial broadcaster, I had XM when it first was available in the "northern" part of the USA.

As I recall, they didn't activate the northern footprint til after the southern one. I had a 60-mile drive to work one way for my morning show, through 3 counties and it was GREAT. Back then they were allowed to uplink some "locals" like WSM, Nashville and it was enjoyable. After getting my own station I didn't need it anymore, but....I've actually had people find our stations and dump XM due to subs running out and finding variety locally. The idea of XM: Wonderful. The execution lately: Corporate at best, not as listener oriented. (just like the biggies that are running terrestrial radio.) The Future: (I hope) would be allowing terrestrials to uplink and be heard nationwide like video is allowed from local markets on Dish and Direct, only without market-specific limitations. Granted the application process and selection by the carrier would be difficult, but...given the money to do it, I'd love the opportunity to compete. We may be small market, but...we're interesting. I'm dreaming, I know, and God knows costs would be high. Everything is when its implementation is new.

Wow... its been a long time since I have been on these threads. Now that HD is prevelent and there is a plethora of HD on Directv, I just don't hang around these forums much. I thought I would check into see if there was any inside scoop on Sirus/XM or Directv that would be worth knowing, then stumbled on this thread.

I can't say it was better or worse before or after the merger. I am what most would probably classify as "weird". I have been a subscriber to XM for a long time now. I listen primarily to Jazz, 40's Classical, and old Time Radio. I sprinkle it in with a little 50's and classic rock once in a while. I also listen to Big Ten sports and MLB baseball. So for me I don't notice much difference.

I would say Sirius is about the same but XM was much better(pre merger)..better play lists,better stations,better personalities ( The MTV crowd is WAY overblown)

I have to agree with this statement. XM was better hands down before the merger. Now it sucks big time :mad:...when my subscription comes up for renewal they can shove it, unless I get a deal for it. I have 2 radio's in vehicles and one in the house.:eek:

I got XM for MLB,& XM channel 171, (when Bill Mack was on it) I will probably dump all of my subscriptions if they don't give me a lower price deal. If I would have wanted to listen to that scumbag Stern I would have gotten Sirius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts