When will Directv ADD more HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is also rumored that ABC Family, Disney and Toon Disney will show up on 3/31. That probably will be it for national HD channels until Directv 11 is operational. A post on DBStalk stated that several CW locals were added in HD today.

they are waiting for Disney Channels, ABC Family,ESPNEWS at end of month. Maybe Travel too. but after that? FOX NEWS and MSNBC, maybe ENCORE suite? what else would you want asap? (yes we want it all in HD). I'd love TCM , but coming from a company that subjects us to "HD" on TNT and TBS I wont hold my breath.

I think it is the fault of President Bush there there arent as much Hd out there lol (Hell he gets blamed for everything else why not this to lol)

D-11 should be operational 4-6 weeks from the launch date, I would expect more HD channels shortly after that date has arrived.

Jimbo

D-11 should be operational 4-6 weeks from the launch date, I would expect more HD channels shortly after that date has arrived.

Jimbo
After ESPN news and maybe the others mentioned in several threads I agree. I think 2 or 3 are coming at the end of this month.

We had Spice HD P/T for a while; but they removed it saying they had little to no viewership. It was near their sale to PB, so maybe that was the real deal. It was a great image; the wife and I loved it on the big-screen when the kids were away.

I love how the title of this thread is "When will Directv ADD more HD?" You mean, as opposed to "When will Directv REMOVE more HD?"

Yup. ESPNEWS goes live March 30th. I'd expect the leader in sports to provide this channel to their subs soon after. See Link: HERE.

As for additional channels that I would like to see, I heard from the E* camp, that AMC, IFC and Chiller are in their upcoming HD plans. Those would sure be nice to have.......

*EDIT: Just remembered Food and HGTV HD Simulcasts are supposed to launch March 31st as well.

Last edited:
they are waiting for Disney Channels, ABC Family,ESPNEWS at end of month. Maybe Travel too. but after that? FOX NEWS and MSNBC, maybe ENCORE suite? what else would you want asap? (yes we want it all in HD). I'd love TCM , but coming from a company that subjects us to "HD" on TNT and TBS I wont hold my breath.

Comedy Channel HD would be nice.

Let me get this straight we are not going to get ESPNews in March? I thought Directv was going to add the channel the day ESPNewsHD goes live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)