When will the 922 be out & will I be able to watch HD on more than 1 TV?

I was told last week that the release has been pushed back until June.

It will be a few years before we see 2 HD out receivers. At the monent it is cheaper for dish to put in 2 hd boxes then it is to make a receiver that outputs 2 hd streams.

I was hoping the sling featuring would allow you to watch HD TV in other rooms. As for multiple HD outs, AT&T does it with UVERSE right?

I was hoping the sling featuring would allow you to watch HD TV in other rooms. As for multiple HD outs, AT&T does it with UVERSE right?

Yes from a central DVR, but you still have to have a receiver at each additional TV.

OK, so sling is for your PC or Lap Top. Then I guess I might not need the 922 but will the 722's eventually get the new menu's? New interface, GUI or whatever it's called. Because it still looks sweet!!!

I was told last week that the release has been pushed back until June.

It will be a few years before we see 2 HD out receivers. At the monent it is cheaper for dish to put in 2 hd boxes then it is to make a receiver that outputs 2 hd streams.

Scott,
I may be mistaken but I thought that I saw the 922 being able to do 2 hd outputs.Dish has a monitor that you can buy and its suppose to be slinged from the 922.Is this sling standard def only?If thats the case why would anyone buy the monitor if its only going to be standard def?Thanks:cool:

assuming the 922 can sling HD (i would assume it could, but don't know), you can catch HD on any Sling HD product. This include's slings set top box called the Sling Catcher that can output up to 1080i.

Edit* Wanted to point out that whatever is being slung via the 922 will probably be using one of your tuners, if HD i would assume whatever TV1 out sees, so TV1 and sling catcher would have to watch the same thing (again, assuming could be wrong).

Scott,
I may be mistaken but I thought that I saw the 922 being able to do 2 hd outputs.Dish has a monitor that you can buy and its suppose to be slinged from the 922.Is this sling standard def only?If thats the case why would anyone buy the monitor if its only going to be standard def?Thanks:cool:

With DRM and all that it entails, you are not likely to see a decoded true HD stream out to anything other than HDMI or Component - and I believe they are trying to close the Component door. A stream to a PC in a format than be copied and distributed is exactly what they are trying to prevent. Companies like Dish will lose programming product if the they don't cooperate.

Just in what form are they to get HD to the second HDTV?

HDMI?

Component?

ATSC?

Each has problems with either cable cost, oscillator/encoder cost, etc.

It is still better for both subs and Dish to use seperate receivers for each HDTV.

And I don't see a great enough demand for the development costs to be covered.

Just in what form are they to get HD to the second HDTV?

HDMI?

Component?

ATSC?

Each has problems with either cable cost, oscillator/encoder cost, etc.

It is still better for both subs and Dish to use seperate receivers for each HDTV.

And I don't see a great enough demand for the development costs to be covered.
HDMI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts