When will the 922 be out & will I be able to watch HD on more than 1 TV?

Sorry I forgot , your the installer that thinks your worth a million dollars. :rolleyes:
I will stick to building , and any house I build , Will have HDMI and Cat 6 Ran Throughout the walls, just so you don't have to lift a finger. Enjoy!
My services are priced to what the traffic will bear. Same as yours.
You may now satisfy your undying need to have the last word.

Total nonsense. The cables from monoprice are great and dirt cheap. If you are paying more than that then you are getting ripped off period.
ok you have your opinion. I have mine.
Always remember, you get what you pay for.
BTW I am no fan of the "Monster" brand.
These are nice cables. But the branding drives up the price and the big box electronic stores push these on their customers as add ons. When I see a new falt panel be it Plasma or LCD right out of the box and next to that monster cables, I cringe. Because I know these people bought a name brand cable when they coulkd have bought a cable of equal quality or better for less if they had time to ask around and shop.
Now that is not to say that longer cables should be priced at next to nothing as hemi says. No way are you going to get the performance at 50 feet or more form a cheap cable. Sorry, It isn't going to happen.

Are you asking if the Dish 722k can be upgraded to include Sling technology, or if an existing SlingCatcher can be upgraded to HD?

If the former, I doubt it. If the latter, I thought I read that somewhere.
The latter. This would also apply to the 922; so if it came out with sling catcher capabilities, but not hd catching, could they add it afterward somehow?

I was told last week that the release has been pushed back until June.

It will be a few years before we see 2 HD out receivers. At the monent it is cheaper for dish to put in 2 hd boxes then it is to make a receiver that outputs 2 hd streams.

One option is to get an HDMI signal splitter, a good one cost 150 to 200. Both TV's will have to be used on TV1 but is cheaper than another HD DVR and saves the monthly charge.

Monoprice has them for about $35. They also carry affordable HDMI cables.

However, running HDMI cable to another room is simply not practical for most people.

Also, if one were to buy a $150-200 splitter, and the similarly overpriced HDMI cable to go with it, wouldn't that sort of cancel out the savings of not leasing a 2nd HD DVR?

One option is to get an HDMI signal splitter, a good one cost 150 to 200. Both TV's will have to be used on TV1 but is cheaper than another HD DVR and saves the monthly charge.

As gary said, a good one can be had for much cheaper, but if you did go with the higher priced options, that gets into the price range of another box, so why go through the trouble?

The latter. This would also apply to the 922; so if it came out with sling catcher capabilities, but not hd catching, could they add it afterward somehow?
It appears that the 922 will not have SlingCatcher capability when first released. According to the PM of the 922, it'll be added somewhere down the road. Considering that the Dish DVR's are MPEG-4 devices, there's a good chance that it will be able to "Sling" HD from unit to unit, once Catching capability is added.

http://www.slingcommunity.com/artic...ded-DVR-Demonstration-2009-International-CES/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)