Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I can see how replacing the power sullpy would be a huge pain with all those cables.
Yes it is MAJORLY annoying. Some systems are better in that rather than just have a huge bunch of wires sticking out of the back, they have all the wire types bundled with a connector that you plug into the box itself, like this. You also have to make sure you read the reviews. For example, I messed up with my power supply and some of the wires were a little short. As a result my reset button doesn't work and the HDD access light doesn't work. Looking back a number of people complained about that, but apparently I missed that.

On another topic, a PSA: If you're using your PS4 controller on your PS3, for God's sake turn the PS4 off!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ms-on-PS4-PSN-Store-Using-DualShock-4-for-PS3

Just got the email from Gamefly confirming that inFamous: Second Son shipped out to me today. With the shipping times I usually get from them I will probably get it Monday or Tuesday. This is the game that had me most excited about next gen when all the announcements were being made last summer so I can't wait to play it. I haven't finished inFamous 2 yet so I will probably be cramming in some long play sessions this weekend. I'm going to try to beat it before Second Son gets here because I don't know if I will be able to resist the urge to just move on to the new one.

The other thing I wanted to point out is that they are already giving me the option to keep the game for $44.99. If you decide to keep a game from them they will mail you the original box along with any codes that came in it. They let you buy games at the used price point of $49.99 even if you are the first one to get it mailed out on day one. Once you reach a certain amount of months as a subscriber they give you an extra 10% off used games bringing the price down to $44.99 for a brand new game I will have in my possession a few days after release.

I probably won't feel the need to keep a single player game like inFamous but I wanted to use it as an example. As much as I like buying my games digitally to avoid switching disks and stocking up on game cases I'm going to have to consider buying more of my games from Gamefly. I probably could have gotten Titanfall for $15 less than I paid to download it.

Just got the email from Gamefly confirming that inFamous: Second Son shipped out to me today. With the shipping times I usually get from them I will probably get it Monday or Tuesday. This is the game that had me most excited about next gen when all the announcements were being made last summer so I can't wait to play it. I haven't finished inFamous 2 yet so I will probably be cramming in some long play sessions this weekend. I'm going to try to beat it before Second Son gets here because I don't know if I will be able to resist the urge to just move on to the new one.

The other thing I wanted to point out is that they are already giving me the option to keep the game for $44.99. If you decide to keep a game from them they will mail you the original box along with any codes that came in it. They let you buy games at the used price point of $49.99 even if you are the first one to get it mailed out on day one. Once you reach a certain amount of months as a subscriber they give you an extra 10% off used games bringing the price down to $44.99 for a brand new game I will have in my possession a few days after release.

I probably won't feel the need to keep a single player game like inFamous but I wanted to use it as an example. As much as I like buying my games digitally to avoid switching disks and stocking up on game cases I'm going to have to consider buying more of my games from Gamefly. I probably could have gotten Titanfall for $15 less than I paid to download it.
Don't forget also that you get quarterly $5 coupons as well that can be used. I think you are eligible for these after 1 year membership.

Don't forget also that you get quarterly $5 coupons as well that can be used. I think you are eligible for these after 1 year membership.

Yep, I just checked my account details and it turns out I have a $5 coupon expiring 5/24. That would bring my purchase price on inFamous down to $39.99 and the game doesn't even release until tomorrow.

My next likely game purchase will be MLB the Show 14. I was waiting to see if Sony or any retailers were going to offer a bundle with the PS4 and Vita version packed together at a discount. I bought a bundle like that for PS3 and Vita last year. I like using the cross-save feature to pick up the Road to the Show (my player) mode on the Vita when I'm traveling so I want both versions. Unfortunately MLB the Show doesn't feature cross-buy like most other Sony published games. Remote play from the PS4 makes the Vita version unnecessary when you have a solid internet connection but that often isn't the case in hotels or at our cabin in Northern Michigan.

If I can get the PS4 version from Gamefly for $40 I can download the Vita version at full price and still probably pay something similar to what I paid for PS3/Vita bundle last year.

On the plus side, reviews seem to be quite positive for inFamous, although it seems that they still haven't figured out how to properly do "Moral Choice" in the game. At this point though I guess that's par for the course: Choose the path that gives you the appropriate powers and ONLY do that. Also there's been mention that the evil choices seem to be "just for the sake of being evil" as opposed to providing a real advantage or at least were things that made sense in relation to the character. Regardless this will likely be an early pickup for me when I eventually decide to pick up a PS4, as I thoroughly enjoyed the series on PS3 (albeit not as much as I did Prototype and SR4.)

On the plus side, reviews seem to be quite positive for inFamous, although it seems that they still haven't figured out how to properly do "Moral Choice" in the game. At this point though I guess that's par for the course: Choose the path that gives you the appropriate powers and ONLY do that. Also there's been mention that the evil choices seem to be "just for the sake of being evil" as opposed to providing a real advantage or at least were things that made sense in relation to the character. Regardless this will likely be an early pickup for me when I eventually decide to pick up a PS4, as I thoroughly enjoyed the series on PS3 (albeit not as much as I did Prototype and SR4.)

Yeah, I played inFamous 1 and 2 as a good guy. I thought about doing a playthrough of Second Son each way and trying to get the platinum trophy. From the IGN review it doesn't sound like the evil playthrough makes much sense to the story or adds anything outside a couple different powers. Because of that, I will probably just do one playthrough as a good guy and move on unless I am completely hooked and want some more playtime out of it.

Of the first two inFamous games, I enjoyed the evil playthrough in inFamous 2 the most. It seemed to offer a slightly different story arc throughout the game, especially in terms of your allies, rather than just a series of micro-decisions and one big decision at the end. And then the ending battle was completely different for each choice.

I considered doing inFamous 2 as a bad guy (after beating with good) but after the first mission I was immediately turned off because it was just Cole being an a$$hole for the sake of being an a$$hole. Yeah, it made sense to take the bad route (blow up all the bad guys and forget about collateral damage) but afterwards Cole basically justified his actions by grunting and throwing out negative words. I think that Mass Effect handled moral choice best in the sense that it was more of a means to an end.

Of the first two inFamous games, I enjoyed the evil playthrough in inFamous 2 the most. It seemed to offer a slightly different story arc throughout the game, especially in terms of your allies, rather than just a series of micro-decisions and one big decision at the end. And then the ending battle was completely different for each choice.

Well... It's not like I have stacks of games waiting to be played on my new consoles. I might do a normal playthrough as a good guy and then try evil on expert to go for the platinum. Now that Titanfall and inFamous are here and MLB the Show isn't far off the game situation is much better on both consoles for me.

Yeah that boss fight of the first game was about as fun as eating wallpaper paste, not to mention the convoluted "reveal" after it was rather messed up as well. I really liked the definitive endings of inFamous 2.

Well... It's not like I have stacks of games waiting to be played on my new consoles. I might do a normal playthrough as a good guy and then try evil on expert to go for the platinum. Now that Titanfall and inFamous are here and MLB the Show isn't far off the game situation is much better on both consoles for me.

If you end up going for the platinum, hard difficulty wasn't that bad in inFamous 2, and there's some UGC that will get you all the blast shards in a matter of minutes to both boost your powers early on and get you that one trophy for finding all the blast shards if you haven't done it yet. Just keep an eye for the few missable, karma-related trophies. A guide like the one on playstationtrophies.org can help.

If you end up going for the platinum, hard difficulty wasn't that bad in inFamous 2, and there's some UGC that will get you all the blast shards in a matter of minutes to both boost your powers early on and get you that one trophy for finding all the blast shards if you haven't done it yet. Just keep an eye for the few missable, karma-related trophies. A guide like the on playstationtrophies.org can help.

I was talking about Second Son. I really like inFamous 2 but there is no way I will be able to get through a second playthrough before tearing Second Son open. I am going to do some marathon sessions of inFamous 2 this weekend because if I don't have my first playthrough done before Second Son shows up from Gamefly Monday or Tuesday I may never finish it. The current plan is to not even look at Second Son until inFamous 2 is finished but I'm not great at self-restraint.

I managed to make it back home from Vegas without really spending any money so I'm closer to having my wife be OK with me spending that leftover money on a new computer. :)

I managed to make it back home from Vegas without really spending any money so I'm closer to having my wife be OK with me spending that leftover money on a new computer. :)
Maybe wait when that tax return comes and maybe that will seal the deal. Also perhaps King and I can finally unload some of our excess Steam keys we've accumulated from Humble Bundles.

Maybe wait when that tax return comes and maybe that will seal the deal. Also perhaps King and I can finally unload some of our excess Steam keys we've accumulated from Humble Bundles.

I thought about the tax return as well. Sounds like we may use it to pay off her car which isn't a terrible idea.

If I were able to get this for the right price do you think this PC is a decent build? It's close enough that I can pick it up. He's asking $550 for it originally but it's been listed for 2 months and if I could cut that down closer to $300 I think it may not be a bad deal.

http://dubuque.craigslist.org/sys/4314579765.html

Assuming everything works properly and you can get the price down to $300 it wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't pay what he is asking though. With the price he is asking it doesn't surprise me that it has been listed for 2 months. You can build a new gaming PC with updated, more powerful hardware for not much more than that. You could also put together something with similar power brand new for the same or less money than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he paid nearly double that price when he put it together but those parts are a few years old at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts