Where Are the MAC Folks?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As a user and owner of both... I still use windows more often because thats what im fluent in. While there is nothing wrong with a Mac and it is simple and easy to use. Every product is going to have there fanboys. Do we need a warzone for each and every one of them?

My son has both and uses them for different things. He keeps to the PC for his gaming and he uses the MAC for his photography.
My husband has both because when we got my son his G5 hubby fell in love with the look of the IMAC. He hardly ever uses it.
I stick with my PC because I just don't have enough reason to switch.

No, I was being somewhat facetious, BUT I find it funny how the seem to ignore these things om a regular basis, YET will stomp and wave when its PC.

Apple's old slogan "Think Different!" explains it all.
Logical rational thinking is not different at all...:)

Diogen.

I have both as well, and I agree with Bob, I use my windows more...even though when I first got the mac I was amazed by it but now, I have slowly started going back to windows. And I want to say this, I have to work with Windows because of my job ( I am sure I would still use it to a point).

IMO, Macs are all marketing and hype. They both work fine if configured properly. Granted there are some applications that only work on Macs and some others that only work on PCs but in general they both work fine. Of course the PCs are cheaper and have more software available.;) But again that's just my opinion.

I have both as well, I like the mac, but i tend to use the pc more just because it is more familiar to me, but i do admit we use it for our video editing and photography, because it seems to work better for that stuff.

Bought a Macbook Pro and FCP to be bi lingual with my professional associates. Here's a little secret- The FCP is a great product but does not do well in multiformat applications. Plus it's just too slow to do a same project. Sorry, PC wins when it comes to video editing. Last year I fired 4 final cut editors who were considered "experts" They just cost me too much due to being too slow.

I tried traveling with my MacBook Pro. Bad for airplane as it is too big and very heavy. Has no internet connectivity unless I find a wifi zone. It lacks I/O connectivity that I easily have on my Dell XPS 1210.
Good thing is I have Parallels on the Mac and can use it for windows XP applications. The Dell has built in Verizon EVDO (A) and gets 1.5Mbps just about anywhere. Connects easily to the DLP micro projector for HDTV movies in my hotel room and has dual headphone jacks for two private listening, built in blue tooth, SD card reader 4 vs 2 USB ports. All around better travel laptop, and two smaller batteries gets me 6 hrs of use time vs 2.5 hrs on the Mac.

Comparing cost- Both my Macbook Pro and Dell XPS 1210 use same processor and same 2G memory. They both cost within a few $ of each other.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)