Where can you se the HR 20-700 in Action?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Where can you see the HR 20-700 in Action?

I want to see what the HR 20-700 is like and check out its fuctions but I dont want to order it to see if I will like it or not , so is there a place you can mess around with it ? CC, BB do these stores have these units in action or are they only their as a demo?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The HR20 is pretty rare in stores yet and if you can't find one then check out the store display for the R15 which is based on the same interface but is SD. Obviously there are some differences but the main interface is nearly identical, it's the underneath that is pretty different.

Our local BB has it hooked up and you can play with it. The store employee was showing some people when I was in there a few weeks ago.

Most of the BB stores are not updated with the current recivers as far as having them work. A freind of mine runs a local CC and still uses the Samsung 360 to distribute the signal thruout the store. The local ABC warehouse still uses the Samsung 160. I asked my buddy about hooking up the new receiver, he said he can only hook up what D* tells him too, they only activate like one card for them to use and with very basic programming.

Jimbo

Most of the BB stores are not updated with the current recivers as far as having them work. A freind of mine runs a local CC and still uses the Samsung 360 to distribute the signal thruout the store. The local ABC warehouse still uses the Samsung 160. I asked my buddy about hooking up the new receiver, he said he can only hook up what D* tells him too, they only activate like one card for them to use and with very basic programming.

Jimbo

Directv is an cheap ass...:rolleyes: :D

Directv is an cheap ass...:rolleyes: :D

How many DISH set ups do you see in Box stores ?
You cannot even LOOK at DISH recievers before you buy them.

DISH use to sell thier stuff at MEIJER's and the like, and still NEVER had any set up to see.

Talk about Cheap ass'ed . :no

Jimbo

I was in BB today and they had 3 HR20-700 but nothing to mess with and there R-15 was not even hook up.

Well, I would seriously suggest you DONT buy one until you DO get to play with it. I just bought another hr-10-250 to use in the room that the hr-20-700 is in. I've been all over the net looking for help (and have found it in alot of places) but basically every site out there is full of excuses for why you should like your hr-20-700, when no one has to try to convince you to like your Tivo powered 10-250, it does it itself with code that works, AS printed. (the 20-700 has released like 8 releases just trying to make it work the way the included manual says it works). It CANT switch between the two tuners unless both are recording, it has NO wishlist feature, its auto-record functions and will record every showing of a show, INCLUDING all the ones on channels you dont recieve. Their is no way to do a manual recording say 8pm m-f except f, you'll have to record whatever is on on friday and manually delete. Its a POS.

Last edited:
Well, I would seriously suggest you DONT buy one until you DO get to play with it. I just bought another hr-10-250 to use in the room that the hr-20-700 is in. I've been all over the net looking for help (and have found it in alot of places) but basically every site out there is full of excuses for why you should like your hr-20-700, when no one has to try to convince you to like your Tivo powered 10-250, it does it itself with code that works, AS printed. (the 20-700 has released like 8 releases just trying to make it work the way the included manual says it works). It CANT switch between the two tuners unless both are recording, it has NO wishlist feature, its auto-record functions and will record every showing of a show, INCLUDING all the ones on channels you dont recieve. Their is no way to do a manual recording say 8pm m-f except f, you'll have to record whatever is on on friday and manually delete. Its a POS.

I dont plane on getting one anytime soon , I just wanted to check it out , the LDB is a must . They are releasing the SW for OTA now, they need the LDB and a few other things befor I would get one.

Sound like this one post wonder needs to read the manual first.
The HR10-250 is a TIVO unit, many of the funtions from the TIVO unit are TIVO patented, such as the dual tuner your talking about, I would imagine, do you really think they would take away features that people like,IF a lawsuit wasn't pending IF they didn't. They would like to avoid the legal problems DISH is in, and this is a way to avoid it.
The updates are NORMAL for ANY new unit, DISH does it, D* does it the HR10-250 has had plenty, you probably got yours well after they had the majority done.
D* found the wishlist was a waste as most turned it off anyways.
I don't understand what you trying to ask about the auto-record, mine has work flawlessly.
The manual record works as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20-700 Best Deals

i am new to HD PLEASE ADVISE ME!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts