Where is the 80 channel horse racing package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For the first part, I'm glad these channels are not waisting bandwidth.

For the second part, I would hope Dish would have put them on the Echostar 9 satellite, a non-DBS bird that used to carry some locals, but is no longer used for direct to home programming.
Hmm
And you have the same objection to all the other niche channels you never watch as well? Wasted bandwidth?
Instead of what? Which services to do you propose would be placed instead of the Horse Racing service?

Hmm
And you have the same objection to all the other niche channels you never watch as well? Wasted bandwidth?
Instead of what? Which services to do you propose would be placed instead of the Horse Racing service?

One niche HD channel takes up 1/7th a transponder. These were going to be EIGHTY channels that would take up multiple TPs. Big difference.

I'm fine if it would have been on E9. But not on core slots.

I'd also be fine with TVG or HRTV going HD. Because that is one channel, not eighty.

One niche HD channel takes up 1/7th a transponder. These were going to be EIGHTY channels that would take up multiple TPs. Big difference.

I'm fine if it would have been on E9. But not on core slots.

I'd also be fine with TVG or HRTV going HD. Because that is one channel, not eighty.
How many transponders?
How about TWO....G3 TP's 6 and 18 are used for RTN....TWO..
And the problem is?
Even if the Roberts Communications channels are included, that is an additonal TWO TP's....I don't see a problem.
Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W - LyngSat
So the channels you'd like to be added are?
There's plenty of space for everybody.

How many transponders?
How about TWO....G3 TP's 6 and 18 are used for RTN....TWO..
And the problem is?
Even if the Roberts Communications channels are included, that is an additonal TWO TP's....I don't see a problem.
Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W - LyngSat
So the channels you'd like to be added are?
There's plenty of space for everybody.

That is space for 28 more general use HD channels. Dish could have full time RSNs. They could have many other channels. Take your pick

http://www.satelliteguys.us/2121114-post111.html

Also, they could devote more TPs to spot and get more HD LiL.

Certainly not plenty of space, yet.

Dish has 121, 105 and 118.7 for specialty channels. They have a lot of room. 118.7 would be a good fit since they are moving all the locals off of it, and they have a single dish solution.

If its anything like the current thoroughbred climate here in Kentucky its dead.

If its anything like the current thoroughbred climate here in Kentucky its dead.

In cruising the horse racing forums, expect a major correction in the industry. Probably over the next 5 years.
Shorter meetings. More dark days.
The horse racing industry and the state governments which cram race dates down the throats of track managements will have to deal with the realization that less is more.

damn what a bunch of whinning little girls are out there. Oh no not on my Tp cause it would waste bandwith. Maybe your a bandwith waster.

I just think it a little selfish to demand 80 channels of space for precisely one type of programming.

no one is demanding anythng. And no one dleberately taking anything from anyone.
You seem to be caught up in "instead of". That has not been addressed nor implied.
Relax.
Dish is not going to take TP space for those precious little niche channels that maybe 5,000 people per week may watch for 15 minutes at a time.
Hey, I have an idea. Get both services. This way you'll have it all!!!!!

This would be a great service to Distribute via NeuLion.

Wonder what the Echostar / Neulion partnership will turn into? Sounds like a buy out to me.

Hi , I was reading this >Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) and Newtec Cy N.V. today announced that Roberts Communications Network LLC, in conjunction with Churchill Downs, the world-famous racetrack in Louisville, Kentucky, has launched the world's first high definition (HD) simulcast broadcast in horse racing history. This landmark service is powered by Harmonic's market-leading DiviCom[R] MV 500 MPEG-2 HD encoders and Newtec's Azimuth AZ110 broadcast satellite modulators.

Is this the 118.7 bird ? thanks

Hi , I was reading this >Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) and Newtec Cy N.V. today announced that Roberts Communications Network LLC, in conjunction with Churchill Downs, the world-famous racetrack in Louisville, Kentucky, has launched the world's first high definition (HD) simulcast broadcast in horse racing history. This landmark service is powered by Harmonic's market-leading DiviCom[R] MV 500 MPEG-2 HD encoders and Newtec's Azimuth AZ110 broadcast satellite modulators.

Is this the 118.7 bird ? thanks

check the uplink reports...So far, I don't see it.

Hi , I was reading this >Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) and Newtec Cy N.V. today announced that Roberts Communications Network LLC, in conjunction with Churchill Downs, the world-famous racetrack in Louisville, Kentucky, has launched the world's first high definition (HD) simulcast broadcast in horse racing history. (snip!)

However, the press release you quote, presumably this one, is nearly two years old.

Which brings to mind this. TVG and HRTV both offer full internet simulcast feeds to their account holders free or at low cost ($5.95 a month via TVG - waived if you wager a couple hundred bucks within a calendar month). As far as the consumer market goes I'd think that probably reduces the need to rent out the dish transponders more than anything else.

One thing more, since someone brought it up: TVG and HRTV do get HD feeds from, as applicable, Meadowlands, Keeneland, Woodbine and the Churchill tracks now - and maybe a couple of others that don't come to my mind at the moment. If (when) they're looking to launch a full-blown HD service they'll need a bunch more tracks to make the plunge. In time, I suppose the ones that get the bulk of their on-air attention will. My guess is that TVG could be the first to launch because of their connections with FSN.

However, the press release you quote, presumably this one, is nearly two years old.

Which brings to mind this. TVG and HRTV both offer full internet simulcast feeds to their account holders free or at low cost ($5.95 a month via TVG - waived if you wager a couple hundred bucks within a calendar month). As far as the consumer market goes I'd think that probably reduces the need to rent out the dish transponders more than anything else.

One thing more, since someone brought it up: TVG and HRTV do get HD feeds from, as applicable, Meadowlands, Keeneland, Woodbine and the Churchill tracks now - and maybe a couple of others that don't come to my mind at the moment. If (when) they're looking to launch a full-blown HD service they'll need a bunch more tracks to make the plunge. In time, I suppose the ones that get the bulk of their on-air attention will. My guess is that TVG could be the first to launch because of their connections with FSN.

The Racing Network feeds are what one sees in simulcast outlets and OTB branches. No resemblance to TVG or HRTV at all.
It's just pure horse racing.
The host tracks would have to start shooting their video in HD first before the respective video producers start broadcasting in HD. I guess Twin Spires, parent company of the Churchill Downs ADW site is the first..
Here's a site for horse racing enthusiasts and bettors that I go on frequently.....Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board.
Here you'll find much of what you need to know.
There are horseplayers owners trainers, race track management people posting on the forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)