Where is the 80 channel horse racing package?

well fellas i have install some sort of horse racing in northern IN on the 118.7 bird. The word on the street was the owners could watch there horses from home and not have to travel. I also know it was alot of money but I havent seen it in awhile so maybe it did die.

well fellas i have install some sort of horse racing in northern IN on the 118.7 bird. The word on the street was the owners could watch there horses from home and not have to travel. I also know it was alot of money but I havent seen it in awhile so maybe it did die.

Dish 1000 plus will do the trick....This way , you can have a single dish solution for all of your subscribed programming.
To my knowledge there isn't a single LNB solution to receive the 118.7 signals...118.7 is a Fixed Satellite Service(FSS) bird that uses linear( horizontal and vertical) polarity as opposed to most other direct broadcast satellites which use circular polarity.
You may be able to find some info for a single LNB solution in the FTA forum on this site.

well that would be great except we are a EA market so when we had them it was a 1k.4 with a 500+ wing. Not the funniest install I can tell you that much

Ok....Yep....you'll use a 500+ ..Just run the cable from the 118.7 port( marked F1) on the LNB into the "IN" port on the 1k.4 LNB...No switch required. Hopefully you can plant the 500+ close to the 1k.4 dish.

When I read the first post I thought two things. First, wasn't TVG and Horse Racing TV enough? Also, how many people would actually watch 80 channels of horse racing? However, I realized when I read most of the posts that it looks like questioning the validity of Horse Racing (which are of no interest to me) is just as toxic as making a generaliziation about which satellite service is better. So if enough people want it, let them have it.

When I read the first post I thought two things. First, wasn't TVG and Horse Racing TV enough? Also, how many people would actually watch 80 channels of horse racing? However, I realized when I read most of the posts that it looks like questioning the validity of Horse Racing (which are of no interest to me) is just as toxic as making a generaliziation about which satellite service is better. So if enough people want it, let them have it.
TVG is not very popular among serious horseplayers. Too much goofing off by some on camera talent. Pushing pick 4 and pick 6 wagers. HRTV is better. Each service has exclusives on various tracks. If a horseplayer does not have Dish, they cannot see HRTV and TVG and D* does not carry the former.
The Racing Network is pure horseracing. No idle banter. No commercials. It is the actual feed from each track. This benefits the serious big dollar horseplayer as these people are wagering on several tracks simultaneously. This is what these people do for a living. Before you thjnk "degenerate gambler" Think again.....These guys are all value players. They may have the past performances from 25 tracks running on a given day, but they may make only 10 or 20 plays from 200+ available races.
So yes, while the non- horseplayer sees little value in a horse racing network, the moderate( me) to serious players want it and may require it.
TVG and HRTV are entertainment for the racing enthusiast. TRN is for the people who are making a living betting the races.
Trust me, the serious players account for 75% of the total US betting handle on a given day. Some of these guys bet hundreds of thousands of dollars in total bets in a day.

While I am not a huge gambling man I like to flip between those channels. They use to be on free to air (well scrambled but sometimes they would be in the clear) and it was always fun to see the actual feed from the track and not just snippets

Has anyone here subscribed to the RTN package only on Dish Network? Supposedly you are suppose to be able to get it without any other programming but have to pay a $6 access fee but I keep getting conflicting answers from Dish Network. I don't want to buy the equipment and install it and have them tell me I can subscribe to it.

Thanks,
JB

Has anyone here subscribed to the RTN package only on Dish Network? Supposedly you are suppose to be able to get it without any other programming but have to pay a $6 access fee but I keep getting conflicting answers from Dish Network. I don't want to buy the equipment and install it and have them tell me I can subscribe to it.

Thanks,
JB

Subscription to Dish Network programming is not required for an RTN subscription.
I suggest you use a satellite meter to peak the Dish.

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the RTN package with a Duo 222K receiver are they going to stick me with the $14 receiver charge? While reading through their information on the website they say that your first receiver fee is included with a qualifying package. I hope they aren't going to try and get me for that fee since I would only be subscribing to RTN.

Thanks,
JB

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the RTN package with a Duo 222K receiver are they going to stick me with the $14 receiver charge? While reading through their information on the website they say that your first receiver fee is included with a qualifying package. I hope they aren't going to try and get me for that fee since I would only be subscribing to RTN.

Thanks,
JB

No.. There is no fee for the first receiver..Times a wastin'....Go ahead and pull the trigger.

Here is the info from the old RTN website (when it was on KU Band)

Racetrack Television Network

Subscribers that pay for the installation and equipment from DISH Network will not be obligated to order additional channel packages. DISH Network® installation, equipment and service policies will apply, however, which may mean adding their most basic channel package in order to qualify for free equipment and installation.

Yes, I have seen the info on the RTN page. Have heard different things when researching the issue though. Seems like you get a different answer depending on who your talking to.

Looks like it should work out though.

JB

If you buy the equipment (Dish receiver, Dish500+ dish) you can sub to just the package with a $6 access fee
If you want the freebie equipment and install you need to sub to at least AT120 (or maybe DishFamily if they still allow it)

Now note the channels are MPEG4 so you just cant buy any receiver. You need a VIP receiver (211, 222, 622, 722 etc)

Well according to another thread on here, Dish does charge a $9 primary receiver fee if you don't have a "qualifying package."

Sounds like I will get stuck with this fee, as I doubt RTN would be considered a qualifying package. Still waiting to get the Dish installed so we will see what they say.

JB

Mary at DISH on this web board, said they reinstated the Welcome pack +locals for $14.99 as an option to get around the 9.00 primary receiver fee . Check in to that and see if that qualifies as a qualifying package.

Well, I have sent a PM to one of the Dish Network representatives that visit the forums, so hopefully they let me know what fees are involved.

If anyone else has any info, feel free to chime in.

JB