Where is the DVR sucks forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was a dish 622 customer, now an Direct HR21 customer. I will admit its a "little" slower, but not the way some on here are describing. Turn scrolling effects to OFF. Use page up or down to scroll through the guide. I have two of them and it can get a little annoying at times but I deal with it because I just like D* better.

So what happens if the 722S comes out and is not as good as the previous 622 and 722 ?

jimbo

well the 722s is based on the 622 and 722 but with more features and extras plus even more processing power. So there really is very little chance that it wont be the same and due to it's extra features and power there is no doubt it will be better. two things i like about this dvr is the ability to record two ota and two sat feeds at once plus the HD GUI complete with logos. plus the slingbox built in which is a neat feature. But no matter how great it is i would like for you to understand that it wouldn't be enough to make me stay with E. I just want D to come up with something like that and i have a good feeling on this future D tivo :)

I was a dish 622 customer, now an Direct HR21 customer. I will admit its a "little" slower, but not the way some on here are describing. Turn scrolling effects to OFF. Use page up or down to scroll through the guide. I have two of them and it can get a little annoying at times but I deal with it because I just like D* better.

exactly :up

Sorry but for all the money I put out, Just dealing with it, well that does not work for me. Im calling them every single time it isnt working right if nothing just to piss them off, because they have pissed me off giving us this garbage of a box. I was happy when I had two working HR20's that I paid 300 bucks a piece for, one went bad so they started sending me this crap HR21 box, I have been through 3 already..

Pathetic is what it is. People always just deal with it, and that is why these big companies continue to give you garbage.

People go to a service for the programming, not the dvr.

I totally agree. I was very reluctant to go from my TiVo's to the HR20's. My cable system sucked...real bad. Never added channels, no on-demand and the customer service was a total joke. I am happy with DirecTV so far and like I said earlier the HR20's records what I tell them to so I am good to go.

Only thing I guess I could vent on is I was promised the NFL Sunday ticket package for free because after being put off for two or three weeks by the installers I just canceled the whole thing. When my service was activated they magically couldn't find the note the CSR was suppose to put on my account that stated I was suppose to get the Sunday Ticket. Oh, well.

Jimbo said:
People go to a service for the programming, not the dvr.

EXACTLY! The difference and even the speed deal is only 1% at best and that isn't enough to gripe about vs the vast programming difference and much better industry momentum and position. All my DVRs (and non-DVR) units have worked flawlessly since day one and even to those percentage of users having issues, I can also state for fact the Dish units likely fall into the same range; its not like they have a 100% track record. People need to look at the overall, not the singular (aka they seem to like to throw the baby out with the bath water!)

Only thing I guess I could vent on is I was promised the NFL Sunday ticket package for free because after being put off for two or three weeks by the installers I just canceled the whole thing. When my service was activated they magically couldn't find the note the CSR was suppose to put on my account that stated I was suppose to get the Sunday Ticket. Oh, well.

As in every other known biz transaction throughout history everyone should know by now:

1. Know what you are doing and wanting beforehand: aka: research & do your homework.
2. Read everything before you sign anything; ask questions; ALWAYS get documentation up front.
3. If its important to you; be there to participate and evaluate.
4. ALWAYS get documentation post deal.

As in every other known biz transaction throughout history everyone should know by now:

1. Know what you are doing and wanting beforehand: aka: research & do your homework.
2. Read everything before you sign anything; ask questions; ALWAYS get documentation up front.
3. If its important to you; be there to participate and evaluate.
4. ALWAYS get documentation post deal.

Um, yeah I guess. Or no matter what you do you could just get CSR that will tell you anything. Then no matter how much 'homework' you do you are still out of luck.

As a new adopter from Cablevision...this thread makes me chuckle.

I just came from the SA8300HD DVR cable box and this is like a Rolls Royce.

*. The response time of the HR21 is ridiculous. With every CE upgrade I hear "oh it seems faster now" As many times and CE updates that Ive heard that it should be lightening fast by now. Sorry charlie but its a dog when it comes to changing channels or viewing the guide..
+1000

Sorry but for all the money I put out, Just dealing with it, well that does not work for me. Im calling them every single time it isnt working right if nothing just to piss them off, because they have pissed me off giving us this garbage of a box. I was happy when I had two working HR20's that I paid 300 bucks a piece for, one went bad so they started sending me this crap HR21 box, I have been through 3 already..

Pathetic is what it is. People always just deal with it, and that is why these big companies continue to give you garbage.

Call them back and tell them you want a HR 20 back .....
If not, do as I mentioned before, call D* , tell them you know where you can get a HR20 if they won't send you one, see if they will credit you the cost.
Remember, there are plenty of them here at Costco's, right down the road.

I would be glad to verify the fact if/ when you need it, if you go that route, were not that far from one another :)

Jimbo

To all you guys complaining about speed ...... (The 5 sec guy has a different gripe).

Whats the RUSH, you trying to WATCH TV, and you have the ability to BACK stuff up.

Guy's, IT just TV, not life and death.

Jimbo

It has gotten better over time. Is it fast? No, but it is better than what it was. Do you participate in the CE program? If not, how can you possibly comment on what the results are?
Yes since it began at dbstalk with Earl. I recieve the email notifications every friday and usually update every friday or saturday night. Your point is?

The HR21 is an absolute dog. The HR20 runs circles around it. Its common knowledge about how slow it is yet you people tell the OP there must be something wrong with his box? http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=131974&page=3

The only thing wrong is that his box isnt an HR20

Last edited:
To all you guys complaining about speed ...... (The 5 sec guy has a different gripe).

Whats the RUSH, you trying to WATCH TV, and you have the ability to BACK stuff up.

Guy's, IT just TV, not life and death.

Jimbo

true ;)

This whole thread sounds just like this:

"My dad can beat up your dad!"

The damn DVRs, regardless of a second or two slower (if at all); WORKS, and WORKS WELL; and does exactly what they are supposed to do - AND with much better programming selections, all with better run company, with a brighter future standing behind them; as oppose to the company with its own head IN ITS BEHIND at the moment.

End of story!

Last edited:
If my HR21 were as slow as the OP described I would have been on the phone with D*, but it's honestly NOT THAT BAD. Neither of my HR21's are doing what he described. So there must be quite a few lemon's in the bunch.

This whole thread sounds just like this:

"My dad can beat up your dad!"

The damn DVRs, regardless of a second or two slower (if at all); WORKS, and WORKS WELL; and does exactly what they are supposed to do - AND with much better programming selections, all with better run company, with a brighter future standing behind them; as oppose to the company with its own head IN ITS BEHIND at the moment.

End of story!

AMEN!.;):D

Plus at the end of 2009 DirecTV subscribers are going to be able to have a choice.
The HD DirecTV DVR+ or the HD DirecTivo.;):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)