Where is the DVR sucks forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Personally i havent had any issues with hr21. I havent had the 622/722 so i cant compare but for me it does what i want it to do. I knew Dish had a better dvr but i was going for programming not dvr service. So im happy the hr21 records what i want it to do.

i have dish and directv and yes the 622 and 722 are superior to anything that direct has. Now, to say that they are the worst out there is an exaggeration on anyones part. Have you tried the motorolas from cable dvr's? Now that is a piece of S***! So yes Dish at the moment makes the best dvrs but the HR20 or 21 is better than alot of the crap that is out there.

Yes, I have tried the motorola. I have used Motorola with Cablevision when i lived in Ny. Also I have Motorola with Starchoice.

You have a point Motorola not so good but I do think they are more stable than
the direc dvrs. Heck ,I thought that Tivos before direc discontinued them were slightly better than the HR20. Granted they were incredibly slow-with the guide as well. But very intuitive.

Just my opinnion, the HR20s are just not good. Again, I love direc tv but their dvrs are just clunky, aweful.

Maybe they (direc tv) will realize this and come out with a brand new machine that kicks butt!

Yes, I have tried the motorola. I have used Motorola with Cablevision when i lived in Ny. Also I have Motorola with Starchoice.

You have a point Motorola not so good but I do think they are more stable than
the direc dvrs. Heck ,I thought that Tivos before direc discontinued them were slightly better than the HR20. Granted they were incredibly slow-with the guide as well. But very intuitive.

Just my opinnion, the HR20s are just not good. Again, I love direc tv but their dvrs are just clunky, aweful.

Maybe they (direc tv) will realize this and come out with a brand new machine that kicks butt!

i had the HR20 when i first signed up last year and i canceled the service immediately. when i resigned in 2008 i got a HR21-100 which to me works faster than the hr20 and with the latest updates today it's the best its been since i got it. The vip is still better though.

You mean like a new HD Tivo that is slated to be out toward the end of next year?

Tivo use to build direcs dvrs. Not sure you knew this? Maybe you do?

Anyhow, direc and tivo coming back together is a good thing. I liked those
units. I had a philps back in 2005.

Id like to see what the new machines are like. Better faster guides would be a start.

Im sure some of you like the HR20\21 but having the 722 as my main unit. Well, Im spoiled.
If you never had a 722 from Dish you really could not compare.

Tivo use to build direcs dvrs. Not sure you knew this? Maybe you do?

Anyhow, direc and tivo coming back together is a good thing. I liked those
units. I had a philps back in 2005.

Id like to see what the new machines are like. Better faster guides would be a start.

Im sure some of you like the HR20\21 but having the 722 as my main unit. Well, Im spoiled.
If you never had a 722 from Dish you really could not compare.

i agree 100% :up and with that 722s around the corner, D better get its but in gear with the dvr's

The AM21 seems to have a noticeable impact on the responsiveness of the receiver that it is connected to. I'm not sure it stacks up to a several minute wait, but the delays can be substantially greater than the leisurely response of the non-AM21 equipped machine.

The AM21 seems to have a noticeable impact on the responsiveness of the receiver that it is connected to. I'm not sure it stacks up to a several minute wait, but the delays can be substantially greater than the leisurely response of the non-AM21 equipped machine.

i thought so to but this problem went away after the last few ce releases

i thought so to but this problem went away after the last few ce releases
Everything speeds up immediately following a reboot. It is what happens after a few weeks that counts.

Obviously, "speed" is a relative term but the biggest frustration of all is that the user experience is so widely varied from one machine to the next.

Everything speeds up immediately following a reboot. It is what happens after a few weeks that counts.

Obviously, "speed" is a relative term but the biggest frustration of all is that the user experience is so widely varied from one machine to the next.

you're right. this was always the case for me until a ce at the beginning of this month. when i downloaded the 1st ce of sept these issues went away for me. i hated the fact that after a few days from downloading a ce the box would go back to it's old ways of being sluggish. for the past few weeks it's been solid. But today it's acting a little slower again:(. I hope my HR21 is not back to it's old ways :mad: today for the 1st time in weeks the dvr is responding a little slower than usual.I've also noticed it's at its slowest while recording. once it's finished recording the box speeds up again. This is a problem i never have with my vip622. I could be recording two sat feeds and an ota feed all at once and the 622 won't even blink. I still believe it's a processor problem. Not enough processing power so it drowns when doing certain functions at the same time. Processes that at times are running in the background that we don't see. This of course isn't normal.

Having said all of the above - i use a harmony remote rather than the directv remote - wonder if that has anything to do with it ?

I also use a Harmony remote with all three of my HR20's. Although, I am coming over from being a four year TiVo user I don't really see the slugishness with the HR20 everyone is talking about. It is not lighting fast but it gets the job done and at the end of the day as long as it records what I tell it to and I can watch what I want then I am satisifed with it.

I also have a 722 and the HR22 does not even compare. I just got the HR22 at the beginning of September so I would assume the software is pretty up to date.

Very disappointed, I would not have a DVR if my 722 worked like this.

Its just pathetic. I have the superfan and when I go to the game mix channel I will literally sit there for about 3 minutes before the highlight box shows up letting me know which game the audio is coming from.

Crap.

Why don't you get the ST and Super fan from your 722 then ......

Oh thats right, DISH was too cheap to bid on it when they had the chance.
Same goes for the MLB package they USE to have.

fwiw, I have 2 HR20's and do not have any problems with either of them.
Guide works, FF, REV, pause all work fine.

Jimbo

i agree 100% :up and with that 722s around the corner, D better get its but in gear with the dvr's

Why should D* get thier but in gear as you say.
People go to a service for the programming, not the dvr.

You can have your 722's ,I prefer my ST, my HR20's have worked great for the most part since I got them .... wayyyyyy back when they first came out.

Jimbo

Why should D* get thier but in gear as you say.
People go to a service for the programming, not the dvr.

You can have your 722's ,I prefer my ST, my HR20's have worked great for the most part since I got them .... wayyyyyy back when they first came out.

Jimbo

that's why i signed up with D jimbo. for their programming and ST. I made that comment because the new 722S that E will produce for 09 is an incredible piece of technology. Lots of members on this forum complain about the HR series. If you've noticed i don't complain that much at all the HR series. In fact i've stated that the HR has a few more features than the vip series for E. I'm very happy with D but E's dvr is still better. I rather have D's programming no doubt jim. To me the HR series comes second to the vip series and not any lower than 2nd. I said D needs to get in gear because with that new 722S due to come out it would be a good idea that D improves their dvr's with a new line of more powerful dvr's. some people are waiting for D to come out with a great dvr to later drop dish. I'm waiting on this tivo D dvr and if it's as solid or better than my vip 622 i will be dropping dish quick and make directv my only provider :)as to your comment that people go to a service for their programming and not the dvr,well that's how you feel and i respect that but that's not how everyone sees it. I didn't see it that way for a long time until i just made the decision to go for D and i'm really happy i did. I love D's programming, service and the dvr ain't bad :D Now I realize that programming is more important than having the best dvr. what good does it do having the best equipment if you can't watch what you want? that's the way i see it now but i didn't always see it that way so i was always hesitating to sign up with D. For sure I don't expect others to see it my way either

that's why i signed up with D jimbo. for their programming and ST. I made that comment because the new 722S that E will produce for 09 is an incredible piece of technology. Lots of members on this forum complain about the HR series. If you've noticed i don't complain that much at all the HR series. In fact i've stated that the HR has a few more features than the vip series for E. I'm very happy with D but E's dvr is still better. I rather have D's programming no doubt jim. To me the HR series comes second to the vip series and not any lower than 2nd. I said D needs to get in gear because with that new 722S due to come out it would be a good idea that D improves their dvr's with a new line of more powerful dvr's. some people are waiting for D to come out with a great dvr to later drop dish. I'm waiting on this tivo D dvr and if it's as solid or better than my vip 622 i will be dropping dish quick and make directv my only provider :)as to your comment that people go to service for their programming and not the dvr,well that's how you feel and i respect that but that's not how everyone sees it. I didn't see it that way for a long time until i just made the decision to go for D and i'm really happy i did. I love D's programming, service and the dvr ain't bad :D Now I realize that programming is more important than having the best dvr. what good does it do having the best equipment if you can't watch what you want? that's the way i see it now but i didn't always see it that way so i was always hesitating to sing up with D

So what happens if the 722S comes out and is not as good as the previous 622 and 722 ?

jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)