Where is the new AK/HI HD

Unfortuately, that "Hawaii channels and packages lieup card" has not been updated to show any of the new HD channels.

The four channels in question are still working for me, along with the new 110 spot channels that just showed up.

Not to mention the fact that I don't believe there is just a DishHD Package for HI...it's Bronze, Silver, Gold now...so....???

I called Dish a few minutes ago and was told Hawaii residents would receive an HD Gold package for $10/month, which is essentially what I pay now for the limited HD programming available in Hawaii.

However, the CSR indicated that the new HD service was on 129. I now have two oversized dishes, one for 110 and the other for 119. He indicated that I would need to have a new dish installed to receive the 129 feed. The one-time installation charge is $59 and change. But the install date is not scheduled until June 6th. It was not clear to me whether a third dish is installed or one of the existing one(s) is replaced. At one point in the conversation the CSR referred to a new dish as a "Hawaii 500" but then recanted.

Anybody get a different story from Dish.

Aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

You still need 2 dishes. 1 to see 110/119 and 1 to see 129, if you want HD

Here on Maui, I was told I need a Dish 500H to receive all channels on 1 dish. It is being installed today sometime between 12 and 5.. Fingers crossed...

Would you let us know what the dish setup looks like once the installation is completed. Are there one, two or three dishes.

Thanks,

Dennis

Would you let us know what the dish setup looks like once the installation is completed. Are there one, two or three dishes.

Thanks,

Dennis

Sure, but for me it's only 1 or no go. HOA and space (and the wife) don't really permit me to have more than 1 standard dish. I verified this with the rep yesterday (who was correct about 5/14) so I am still anticipating only 1 dish for everything (including HD).

But, I've been disappointed before...

This morning's uplink for the 110 spot looked like this: (one channel sample)
5/14/2009 12:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 11 changes
5520 - APL [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 46 changed to Available(H)
The eleven new channels suddenly showed up in the guide and worked.

Last week's uplink for the 129 spot looked the same:
5/6/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 115 changes
5536 - TRV [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 02 Spotbeam 55 changed to Available(H)
Those channels didn't show up except for the two premuims, which showed in the guide and worked. What we do see in the guide are all the conus channels that we can't pull in out here.

What still needs to happen for the 129 spot channels to appear? It looks like we need to be authorized to see them, as they have already been made available, but hidden to non-subscribers via uplink. Perhaps some other change needs to occur to mark us as subscribers for 129 spot content?

Sure, but for me it's only 1 or no go. HOA and space (and the wife) don't really permit me to have more than 1 standard dish. I verified this with the rep yesterday (who was correct about 5/14) so I am still anticipating only 1 dish for everything (including HD).

But, I've been disappointed before...

HOA's can restrict the number of dish's or the size in alaska and Hawaii. :) The wife on the other hand is a different story :D

This morning's uplink for the 110 spot looked like this: (one channel sample)
5/14/2009 12:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 11 changes
5520 - APL [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 46 changed to Available(H)
The eleven new channels suddenly showed up in the guide and worked.

Last week's uplink for the 129 spot looked the same:
5/6/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 115 changes
5536 - TRV [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 02 Spotbeam 55 changed to Available(H)
Those channels didn't show up except for the two premuims, which showed in the guide and worked. What we do see in the guide are all the conus channels that we can't pull in out here.

What still needs to happen for the 129 spot channels to appear? It looks like we need to be authorized to see them, as they have already been made available, but hidden to non-subscribers via uplink. Perhaps some other change needs to occur to mark us as subscribers for 129 spot content?

I think you may be right. It would seem that since Dish has changed our accounts to the new packages they would have fixed this piece also, but then again.

Anyone at home able to call and see about getting it authorized? I won't be home for another eight hours.

DISH CSR's are idiots. When I asked why I wasn't able to receive channels from 129, he told me I had to point my dish to 61.5. Also, he said the new channels we received today, I wasn't authorized to receive them. He rattled off the the channels we were getting before today as the ones I was authorized to receive. I hung up on him.

DISH CSR's are idiots. When I asked why I wasn't able to receive channels from 129, he told me I had to point my dish to 61.5. Also, he said the new channels we received today, I wasn't authorized to receive them. He rattled off the the channels we were getting before today as the ones I was authorized to receive. I hung up on him.

Call and go directly to Tech Support. Bypass the CSRs. If nothing else, ask for Engineering.

Went home at lunch and called Dish.

I'm now getting all of the new Alaska HD on 129 and have lost all of the HD on 110 including the new HD channels turned on today. I'll have to call Tech Support tonight and see if they can fix this. The CSR was driving me crazy.

Let me know if anyone else has better luck.

I ran a check switch, and the 129 shows up as a red x. I am however able to lock on to a few transponders...2,4,9, and 14. I hate DISH technical support...

Went home at lunch and called Dish.

I'm now getting all of the new Alaska HD on 129 and have lost all of the HD on 110 including the new HD channels turned on today. I'll have to call Tech Support tonight and see if they can fix this. The CSR was driving me crazy.

Let me know if anyone else has better luck.

After two hours on the phone with tech support, an exec rep, and an advanced tech rep (all very nice and helpful), I ended up in exactly the same boat as you.

I asked if a hit might bring up the 129 spot channels and it seemed worth a try. Low and behold, up come the 30 HD channels at 129 :D and away goes all the 110 stuff (including what showed up earlier today) :( except for HBO and SHO.

A new code released today could be the culprit. If engineering can get some more of this kind of info to help them sort it out, it could save endless hours on the phone for us and the dish techies looking in the wrong place, running endless series of check switches, re-starts, etc.

Is anyone else getting the new 110 stuff, but not 129? Ask for a hit and if you gain 129 and lose 110 as AKGolf and I did, please ask them to forward that experience to engineering.

They were very interested to hear that someone in Alaska and someone in Hawaii had the same thing happen.

I ran a check switch, and the 129 shows up as a red x. I am however able to lock on to a few transponders...2,4,9, and 14. I hate DISH technical support...

129 is a red x (reception errror) for me too, but I get all 30 channels and mostly +70% on the spot transponders (2,4,6,14,16 for Hawaii). Could the x be for all the 129 conus HD nats and premiums that are showing up but can't be pulled in?

After two hours on the phone with tech support, an exec rep, and an advanced tech rep (all very nice and helpful), I ended up in exactly the same boat as you.

I asked if a hit might bring up the 129 spot channels and it seemed worth a try. Low and behold, up come the 30 HD channels at 129 :D and away goes all the 110 stuff (including what showed up earlier today) :( except for HBO and SHO.

A new code released today could be the culprit. If engineering can get some more of this kind of info to help them sort it out, it could save endless hours on the phone for us and the dish techies looking in the wrong place, running endless series of check switches, re-starts, etc.

Is anyone else getting the new 110 stuff, but not 129? Ask for a hit and if you gain 129 and lose 110 as AKGolf and I did, please ask them to forward that experience to engineering.

They were very interested to hear that someone in Alaska and someone in Hawaii had the same thing happen.

I called again and ended up exactly the same, but I did have him report it to engineering. He offered to have a tech come out to my house, but I explained you and I where having the exact same issues. Hopefully when they finally decide to add the 110 channels back they'll also include HDNET/HDNET Movies Etc.

A good effort by Dish, but how hard can it be to make sure that all of the channels in the package are actually in the package?

Once they figure it out we shouldn't have to do anything, hopefully we'll wake up and see them there.

Well I wish my update could shed some light...but my install today was a total HD trainwreck. I now have 2 dishes but after spending hours on the phone I only have a handful of HD channels...and no one knows why. My CSR basically gave up on me and told me to wait 24-48 hours for the HD activation to go through.

Ugh...I'm calling again tomorrow AM and starting from scratch.

alaska

I just ran a check switch on my 622, and 129 came up as ok here in Alaska!

I had tuned the dish using my birdog, and just peaking on the galaxy 129 sat. I ran a check switch last friday, and it was conn and x.

I am waiting for the programming to download on my showroom receiver to see what I get!

I just ran a check switch on my 622, and 129 came up as ok here in Alaska!

I had tuned the dish using my birdog, and just peaking on the galaxy 129 sat. I ran a check switch last friday, and it was conn and x.

I am waiting for the programming to download on my showroom receiver to see what I get!

Do you also have 110 connected? I would expect you to get all of the HD on 129, but nothing from 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)