Where is the new AK/HI HD

I decided to try one more avenue. I sent the following two e-mails to tech support and asked for them to be forwarded to engineering:

#1. I am in Hawaii, and we recently received a bunch of new HD channels out here on the new Ceil-2 spot beam #55 @ 129 and the existing Echostar 10 spot beam #47 @ 110. The problem is that our existing HD channels disappeared at the same time.
Three are on Echostar 11 (conus) @ 110: HDNET #5510, HDNMV #5511, HDTHR #5500.
Five are on Echostar 10 (spot beam #47) @ 110: NFL #5507, UNIHD #5512, NTGEO #5518, VS #5517, BIO #5525.

I suspect that these channels need to be flagged as available to Hawaii subscribers.

Please forward this to engineering so they can remedy this.

Mahalo

#2. Hi, my 722 program guide is pulling up HD channels from conus transponders (17 and up) @ 129. The national HD channels show up red in the guide and the HD premiums appear available and subscribed to, but in reality they can't be received here in Hawaii, as we only get the spot beam #55 @ 129 out here. That comes to us on transponders 2,4,6,14,16 and my 722 receiver pulls them in at over 70%, with no issues on the thirty channels (other than a possible encoding issue that causes FOOD to show up on HGTV).

The 129 conus channels mess up program searches, Dish Pass and cause the receiver to search for 129 conus transponders from time to time.

Can the 129 conus channels be flagged unavailable and hidden from Hawaii subscribers? (Alaska is in a different situation, because some folks there can pull in the conus transponders with a six-foot dish - Hawaii subscribers can't even do that).

Mahalo

I decided to try one more avenue. I sent the following two e-mails to tech support and asked for them to be forwarded to engineering:

#1. I am in Hawaii, and we recently received a bunch of new HD channels out here on the new Ceil-2 spot beam #55 @ 129 and the existing Echostar 10 spot beam #47 @ 110. The problem is that our existing HD channels disappeared at the same time.
Five are on Echostar 10 (spot beam #47) @ 110: NFL #5507, UNIHD #5512, NTGEO #5518, VS #5517, BIO #5525.

I suspect that these channels need to be flagged as available to Hawaii subscribers.

Mahalo

#2. Hi, my 722 program guide is pulling up HD channels from conus transponders (17 and up) @ 129. The national HD channels show up red in the guide and the HD premiums appear available and subscribed to, but in reality they can't be received here in Hawaii, as we only get the spot beam #55 @ 129 out here. That comes to us on transponders 2,4,6,14,16 and my 722 receiver pulls them in at over 70%, with no issues on the thirty channels (other than a possible encoding issue that causes FOOD to show up on HGTV).

The 129 conus channels mess up program searches, Dish Pass and cause the receiver to search for 129 conus transponders from time to time.

Can the 129 conus channels be flagged unavailable and hidden from Hawaii subscribers? (Alaska is in a different situation, because some folks there can pull in the conus transponders with a six-foot dish - Hawaii subscribers can't even do that).

Mahalo

They should be able to figure it out with all of the info you supplied. I hope they read the entire email and see the Alaska part, thanks for including that.

I'm no longer getting a signal from transponder nine on 129. Anyone in Alaska having the same issue?

Just checked mine and it's gone too! It was a spot beam but not transmitting now. :confused:

They had 5604 & 5621 on there, they're now back on 110. I was suprised that they removed them from 110 since most Alaska HD customers have 110 but not 129. I suspect that a few unhappy customers have been calling.

A co-worker is getting Dish installed tomorrow with the new dish pointing at 119/129. I'm leaving on vacation for a few days but will check with him and see how it goes.

Anchorage HD locals

Is there any information about the other Anchorage HD locals on Dish? FOX, NBC, ABC? What is the delay?

It is interesting about 5604 &5621. If you tune to the channel, then press info twice, it shows 129--but then go to point dish screen (menu 6-1-1) it shows 129 tp 9 with no signal or lock. They were there last week.

Is there any information about the other Anchorage HD locals on Dish? FOX, NBC, ABC? What is the delay?

It is interesting about 5604 &5621. If you tune to the channel, then press info twice, it shows 129--but then go to point dish screen (menu 6-1-1) it shows 129 tp 9 with no signal or lock. They were there last week.

ABC is digital but not HD in Anchorage yet. NBC and FOX are and I would like Dish to start carrying those. I guess they want to much money.

Twin LNB in Anchorage?

About your co-worker getting new dish installed. Is it supposed to be a twin lnb on one dish? If so, who is offering this equipment?

About your co-worker getting new dish installed. Is it supposed to be a twin lnb on one dish? If so, who is offering this equipment?

I believe it is, the plan is two dishes one for 110 and one for 119/129. I was talking to them the other day and he had it working. The dealer is Satellite Alaska in Anchorage.

Mahalo

Mahalo

Issue #1 fixed today :D

As I've posted before, whenever I do a check switch from my 622 receiver, I keep getting a red x under 129, yet I receive all the HD channels that I'm supposed to. Other than that, the receiver works fine.

My new problem is with my 322 receiver which is not an HD nor DVR box. Whenever I turn it on for the first time each day, after updates have been downloaded, I get the message saying that there is something wrong with my switch and it starts to run through its tests. It takes forever and then shows me the red x under 129 again. Then it goes through it's satellite acquisition which takes forever, sometimes it needs to re-start the acquisition. Once that is done, it starts to try and download the guide. That sometimes gets stuck and I end up having to repeat the whole process through the menu, 6-1-1. The whole process takes 20 min. just to get it going. Has anyone else in Hawaii had this problem with a non-HD receiver.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Do I need to have my 322 box re-authorized even though I don't get channels from 129 on it? What should I tell Dish to avoid the whole "It's your installers fault" speech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts