Where is USB External Storage for the 942/ViP622?

Sammy033

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 27, 2006
This would be a one time fee right? What if the drive dies? No different than OEM Windows and motherboard replacements I suppose.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
The fee is to turn on the usb ports for that account, has nothing to do with the number of drives and such.

Seems to me you missed a few keys from the feature, one of them ( discussed) if a sort of _account_ key what must provide portability between DVR/STB in one account.
You made up the 'USB ports' out of blue.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Actually, there is the functionality - my PocketDish works perfect with all USB porst, but minus HD.

Being this specific might matter if the title of the thread was "uses for the USB port" but its not, its about USB EXTERNAL Storage.

When I say activate the usb port, you should not need a handheld gps unit to be pointed to the fact I meant for the HDD.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Well, I'll add to this - PocketDish is the USB External Storage when you connect it to USB post of 622 or other DVR.
And PocketDish's internal disk [HDD] is working now.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I'll pile a little more sh^%$ for you ;) - if I'll install other disk ( up to 80 GB ) into my PD, it will works as old one; so I can use MANY external ( to 622) disks right now. :p

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
No way man !
I saw other day in Internet there is USB2 [ACOM ?] external disk enclosure [PATA] , it can substitute PD with any size of hard drive what you can afford :p.

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
My HDD farm is ready!

terazilla_big.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts