Which 625 is newer? (Yes another trick question)

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I did this with the 922 a few weeks ago so now let's try the 625. Again there are two pics of 625s. One is newer than the other, but which one? There is a small difference between them. See if you can find it. Good Luck.

Attachments

• 625f.jpg
    625f.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 854f9eec2D9fa02D4e422D9faf2D0e6f30ddb95f39338p.jpg
    854f9eec2D9fa02D4e422D9faf2D0e6f30ddb95f39338p.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 154
The 625 on the right seems to be the newest of them. One on left has the red & white warning sticker, there's more of a color difference between the front panel and rear cover panels, and the silver remote is the older remote.

There appears to be something written on the lower right corner of the second picture. I can't make it out and I'm afraid even if I could, I would not know which was older.

There appears to be something written on the lower right corner of the second picture. I can't make it out and I'm afraid even if I could, I would not know which was older.
The lower right corner of the 2nd pic says "MPEG-2" but, that is NOT the small difference you should be looking for.:)

I can't tell if the one on the left says DishPVR, or DishDVR.

I'll guess the one on the right is newer :)confused:), but that's more of a random guess

At the same time, I don't think the warning stickers were added until a bit later

Ah ha! I got it. The difference is in the Dish logo on the left door. The logo on the right receiver is more of a full "orbit, extending below the word "Dish" itself. The logo on the receiver on the left only has half an "orbit" lol.

Ah ha! I got it. The difference is in the Dish logo on the left door. The logo on the right receiver is more of a full "orbit, extending below the word "Dish" itself. The logo on the receiver on the left only has half an "orbit" lol.

dishnet_tech has found the difference. As to which is newer, well, now that should be obvious to figure out, right?:D

OK for those who still can't figure it out, the one on the left is newer because it has the newer DISH logo with the half circle at the top. The older DISH logo has a full circle.

Attachments

• dish-network.jpg
    dish-network.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 127
  • dish_network_logo.jpg
    dish_network_logo.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 116
The one of the left with the remote is newer. Dish had to change their logo because Nike threatened to sue them concerning the logo on the right receiver, saying it looked too much like their "swoosh" (the bottom).

Dr.Pepper said:
The one of the left with the remote is newer. Dish had to change their logo because Nike threatened to sue them concerning the logo on the right receiver, saying it looked too much like their "swoosh" (the bottom).

Wow ... Nike needs to be put out of its misery ... What kind of drugs would someone have to be addicted to in order to confuse the two logos ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)