Which HDTV is better ?

Should i get the Extended Warranty from Bestbuy for this DLP TV ?
bestbuy extended warranty is $349 for 4 years

Check with your CC company. AMEX will double the warranty period. I'm looking to replace my 4yr old RPTV with a 67" DLP. I'd like to get a projector,
but too much light in my living room.

Last edited:
For $7000 MSRP I hope your happy. Or you could get multiply 70+ inch DLP's for each room. LOL

Of course I'm not going to pay MSRP! Sure this plasma is not priced quite as low as the DLPs, but quoting that price is misleading in order to make your point better or you never bothered to check prices. Are you sure you're not a politician?:)

The 800 series of the 65 inch is on the way, the 750 is last years model, something to consider...

Thanks for the heads up, mike123abc. I knew the newer model was coming out soon. That is why I've waited these last couple of months so the price on the 750 would drop even further when it comes out. I'm sure it is a better TV but there will always be a better one coming along and of course, it will most likely be a good deal more expensive. I appreciate the suggestion.

Again, thanks to everybody for your comments and suggestions. It is always good to get a variety of opinions when you are making a major purchase like this.

The red gun on my old and faithful Panasonic 53 inch RS CRT bit the dust last Wednesday. After debating the costs of repairing it, I picked up a Mitsubishi 57 inch DLP (WD-Y577) at CC the same day. So far I love it.

Thanks for the heads up, mike123abc. I knew the newer model was coming out soon. That is why I've waited these last couple of months so the price on the 750 would drop even further when it comes out. I'm sure it is a better TV but there will always be a better one coming along and of course, it will most likely be a good deal more expensive. I appreciate the suggestion.

The technology is changing drastically lately. I noticed that when the clearance started on the 720P sets, they ended up clearancing them for almost the price of the new 1080P units. Sure, it was a 20-30% drop from the MSRP, but it was only about 5% less than the newer, better sets. Research the new one and be prepared to wait if necessary. I tell people not to wait too long for the better set, but if this is a this or next month sort of thing, you want a better price on the older unit, unless the differences aren't so great.

The technology is changing drastically lately. I noticed that when the clearance started on the 720P sets, they ended up clearancing them for almost the price of the new 1080P units. Sure, it was a 20-30% drop from the MSRP, but it was only about 5% less than the newer, better sets. Research the new one and be prepared to wait if necessary. I tell people not to wait too long for the better set, but if this is a this or next month sort of thing, you want a better price on the older unit, unless the differences aren't so great.

Well, that is something to think about. Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep an eye on the 800's prices for a little while before I make a decision. By the way, does anyone have a more precise idea when the new 800s will be hitting the stores than sometime in July?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)