Which Is better for the money??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Hello all! Just have a general question to ask...I am thinking of going with satellite tv service and wanted to know anyone's opinion on which service is better bang for your buck? Direct or Dish? I will most likely ask the same question on the Dish forum also to see what is preferred there. Thanks!

Depends on what kind of programming you watch. If you love sports you want DIRECTV, but if sports do not interest you then DISH is the way to go.

Reactions: lern4483
I had dish for 9 years before I switch to directv . I left dish on good term. Direc has more sports . Dish has adds more sports since I left.

I have both and both have their plusses and minuses, but overall they are even just depns on what kind of programming you like.

I prefer Dish, but DTV has an awesome sports selection. If into college sports, Dish is where you want to be. Professional sports is DTV. There is a small price difference between the two as well, with Dish being generally cheaper, and in my opinion, playing with the Genie and the Hopper, I prefer the options given with Dish. Also, do not be afriad to ask one of us for a referral certificate for either provider to save yourself some additional money. I can offer both sides, if you so choose.

Thanks for the feedback!, any big difference in the service quality(signal loss etc..) between the two?
Any difference in service quality is small. Directv has to some a slightly sharper picture on some channels, Dish tends to hand in slightly better during a storm (not enough that it would sway me either way as both will lose in a heavy downpour.

Directv has more pro sports offerings, and dish has some college channels that Directv does not offer.

Pricing, Dish is overall slightly cheaper, but its minimal.

i prefer the genie/hr24 combo you can get with directv over a hopper/joey(or super joey) you get with dish
i just done like the autorecording of the big 4 wasting a prime time tuner

i prefer the genie/hr24 combo you can get with directv over a hopper/joey(or super joey) you get with dish
i just done like the autorecording of the big 4 wasting a prime time tuner
You can turn that off. Have 5 tuners to yourself if you want.

Watching CES today from Scott? According to him some pretty magnificent equipment being announced, and there is opinions on the Dish forum about just that.

I agree with everyone on the programming, DirecTV is better for sports, Dish is better for movies.

I feel Dish has more programming disputes, both local and national, than DirecTV does.

Dish has better receiver hardware, their hopper line, especially with today's improvements. DirecTV has a little better picture quality on HD, but worse on SD.

Well now one hopper and up to 6 joeys and 16 tuners keeps the cost right where DTV is at equipmentwise

Reactions: satjay
wow! thanks everyone for the input, will look at both and see what seems better, of course need to have tech stop by and check my LOS to see if I can use either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts