Which Pack Will You Pick??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Again, who's upset? For the most part, I've just seen people making their wishes known. When would be the best time to do that... after all the decisions have already been made? That just doesn't make any sense.
There's no need to manufacture a big dramatic conflict where one doesn't exist. If you don't want to make your programming wishes known, that's fine. But there's nothing wrong with others trying to influence the outcome to their liking.
Cheers
Just by the way you replied I guess you’re the one that seems upset!
From other peoples postings this is the impression that I’ve gotten, sorry you don’t like it.. If you think that these posting are going to make a different as to what Comcast will offer at this time then I’ve got a bridge I can sell you. What we get now is what the 410 has listed at least and the hope for different programs is probably unlikely right now as that boat has already sailed as the contracts have already been signed and unless the numbers are right for Comcast and SkyVision to made major changes is not going to happen. Listening to Mike on Sattalk maybe there will be some surprises, I'm hoping there will be.

Don't know about you but I’ve got at least two of my four receivers and two dishes all set for programming which will help with the numbers and hopefully help keep the programming going, but until the new listing come out it’s just all a guess and you really can't go by what SRL is showing now for packages.

There is a lot of erroneous information. For instance , several sites say that the Denver feeds are already gone from Motorolas center.
The feeds are still there (I'm watching them as I type this). Guide info has to be forced to download on G1 but I downloaded Sundays guide for W1
just a few minutes ago, and set a timer for the football game Sunday.

NPS turned off their Denver subscribers, yes. My sub to them on SRL also went away Tuesday ( expired)...but I called SRL and paid $5 and change to receive them until Jan 1. As of Jan 1 I will still have active subs on two receivers (Starz on w5 til Jan 22 on one, and W5 Scif, Discovery til Jan 22 on the other). Not sure about discovery, but after Jan 4 I will see what both of them do. I did turn off auto guide updates (stay off G1, W5 and just park on w1 for now.)

If needed I will make one reciever a W5 only unit (it is currently just slave to the other anyway).

The key for me will be the Denver feeds. I would pay up to 150 a year just for them and then only for the main networks (CBS, ABC, Fox, NBC).
This is mainly so I can timeshift and watch the Broncos, without Sunday ticket being needed.

Trees block so many of the FTA feeds that it isn't an option for me.

J unless the numbers are right for Comcast and SkyVision to made major changes is not going to happen. Listening to Mike on Sattalk maybe there will be some surprises, I'm hoping there will be.

There are some things in the works I know about since I'm on the inside. But this will be costing Skyvision & SRL some major coin to get going. Anything can happen if there is enough money on the table. We have to show our support to keep things happening with subs. Even if it's not the best today it can get better with time and enough coin. I hope all will understand this and keep the faith and the ball rolling by subbing.

Just by the way you replied I guess you’re the one that seems upset!...

Not even a little, just making an observation. But apparently, you read "upset" into many posts. If reading what other people wants gets on your nerves, then I don't understand why you would even read a thread that was designed for just that purpose.

It doesn't matter what Comcast will do. People shouldn't be accused of "being upset" because they post that they would like to have this or that channel.

I've never understood how people can be having a perfectly normal conversation, and then have someone pop in and tell them they need to chill out or insinuate that they are like little impatient childred who just need to learn how to wait. That's exactly what you did. It's in your post... you own it.

One thing I know for sure, people who talk down to other people... don't like to be called on it. I'll let the readers make up their own minds about this exchange. I'm closing up shop & heading out to celebrate Christmas.

Cheers

There is a lot of erroneous information. For instance , several sites say that the Denver feeds are already gone from Motorolas center.
The feeds are still there (I'm watching them as I type this). Guide info has to be forced to download on G1 but I downloaded Sundays guide for W1
just a few minutes ago, and set a timer for the football game Sunday.

NPS turned off their Denver subscribers, yes. My sub to them on SRL also went away Tuesday ( expired)...but I called SRL and paid $5 and change to receive them until Jan 1. As of Jan 1 I will still have active subs on two receivers (Starz on w5 til Jan 22 on one, and W5 Scif, Discovery til Jan 22 on the other). Not sure about discovery, but after Jan 4 I will see what both of them do. I did turn off auto guide updates (stay off G1, W5 and just park on w1 for now.)

If needed I will make one reciever a W5 only unit (it is currently just slave to the other anyway).

The key for me will be the Denver feeds. I would pay up to 150 a year just for them and then only for the main networks (CBS, ABC, Fox, NBC).
This is mainly so I can timeshift and watch the Broncos, without Sunday ticket being needed.

Trees block so many of the FTA feeds that it isn't an option for me.

The Denver Channels are in the works for next year. It won't happen overnight but should happen. They must have turned the DS back on for the W1 channels since I checked if you were allowed to get them back with SRL. They will be gone though when 4096 shuts down until 4160 will be able to get them.

The Denver Channels are in the works for next year. It won't happen overnight but should happen. They must have turned the DS back on for the W1 channels since I checked if you were allowed to get them back with SRL. They will be gone though when 4096 shuts down until 4160 will be able to get them.
That'll be good as a lot would like to have but just hope they can keep them in a small package. Had them before and would like to get them again.

That'll be good as a lot would like to have but just hope they can keep them in a small package. Had them before and would like to get them again.

I know nothing about packages for the Denver channels or pricing. I think they need to be accessed first before worrying about pricing :)

Not even a little, just making an observation. But apparently, you read "upset" into many posts. If reading what other people wants gets on your nerves, then I don't understand why you would even read a thread that was designed for just that purpose.

It doesn't matter what Comcast will do. People shouldn't be accused of "being upset" because they post that they would like to have this or that channel.

I've never understood how people can be having a perfectly normal conversation, and then have someone pop in and tell them they need to chill out or insinuate that they are like little impatient childred who just need to learn how to wait. That's exactly what you did. It's in your post... you own it.

One thing I know for sure, people who talk down to other people... don't like to be called on it. I'll let the readers make up their own minds about this exchange. I'm closing up shop & heading out to celebrate Christmas.

Cheers
Posting like yours reminds me of Satforms and the P..S that goes on that site when someone post something it's the reason that I stopped going to that site. I made a posting and no one has to agree with it but also no one other than you complained about it or made a posting, sure reminds me of some Satform members.

I know nothing about packages for the Denver channels or pricing. I think they need to be accessed first before worrying about pricing :)
I didn't think you had any such information and didn't imply that in my posting but I'm thinking maybe you where replying to the posting by Scottxray.

Count me in too with the willingness to pay big for the Denver channels. NPS turned me off yesterday. No Broncos on Sunday, so sad. Is anyone going to offer any of the Denver channels? And I love Drew Soicher's sports casts on Denver NBC. Where else can I find out what Gidget the Sealion's picks are for the Bronco games? I'm so bummed... All I want for Christmas are my Denver channels.

I didn't think you had any such information and didn't imply that in my posting but I'm thinking maybe you where replying to the posting by Scottxray.

I'm privy to mostly technical stuff only because I am participating in testing with the techs at Skyvision & SRL. I have a good handle on how the 4DTV and DC-2 works so my idea's are welcome and some work :) To me it's kinda fun since I love the hobby and feel like I'm doing my part to right a wrong.

I have no ties to the ones who make the packages or pricing. I can report some stuff in that department only if it is told to me and I'm allowed to say in public.

This is for all: Things are going on behind the scenes and believe me Skyvision & SRL have your best interests at heart. They want to see this succeed as much as all of us do. NPS destroyed so much by sticking it to Motorola and created hurdles you wouldn't believe that need to be overcome just to keep some of the channels we had.

Count me in too with the willingness to pay big for the Denver channels. NPS turned me off yesterday. No Broncos on Sunday, so sad. Is anyone going to offer any of the Denver channels? And I love Drew Soicher's sports casts on Denver NBC. Where else can I find out what Gidget the Sealion's picks are for the Bronco games? I'm so bummed... All I want for Christmas are my Denver channels.

I don't feel like typing an answer about the Denver channels so just read about them at my website under programming update:

4DTV Online 4DTV Programming

I'm privy to mostly technical stuff only because I am participating in testing with the techs at Skyvision & SRL. I have a good handle on how the 4DTV and DC-2 works so my idea's are welcome and some work :) To me it's kinda fun since I love the hobby and feel like I'm doing my part to right a wrong.

I have no ties to the ones who make the packages or pricing. I can report some stuff in that department only if it is told to me and I'm allowed to say in public.

This is for all: Things are going on behind the scenes and believe me Skyvision & SRL have your best interests at heart. They want to see this succeed as much as all of us do. NPS destroyed so much by sticking it to Motorola and created hurdles you wouldn't believe that need to be overcome just to keep some of the channels we had.

Personally I think you could also add some people from the Satforums web site along with NPS who just seemed to have a vested interest in destroying 4DTV.

I'm confused. I got the email for SRL, I've read the advice form Sat Guys of how to prevent kill, I've tried to map X4 through W5-600, I don't get a channel count, I know where's considered 'safe' to park dish and I won't turn the receiver off, and time's running out. I sub to only Denver 8 on W-1 and want to keep my 4DTV. I'll wait for guide, etc. But have I done all that's necessary for now? I use a 922 w/ HDD 220.
Thanks, anyone for help.
tbldr

One of the weird things I noticed about the X4 feeds is that I was unable to create a favorites list for them. I assume that has something to do with
the Motorola SAC not having the channels in their listings. Although I could bring the channels UP in the favorites software, it would not let me place a check mark
on any channel on X4. I was hoping to do that so I could have them in the guide list in advance.

Guess I'll have to see what happens after Jan 4. As said I have one receiver (920) that is slaved to my primary one (920). If I have to brick it to receive a guide
and favorites, then so be it. As of right now, if no more channels then what is being offerred now are available it will be hard to justify keeping a subscription going for long. I had the all movie pack up until Dec 22. Having MORE feeds than Directv or dish is what made that attractive. I will keep subbing the starz feeds for about 6 months, in hopes that Denver becomes available by then. If not then it will be sunday ticket time, and bye bye 4D.

I already have Directv (subbed in late OCT) for the HD and basic channels. News feeds and a comparable channel list have to be available in order for this to survive.
Without an equivalent package and price for most basic channels I don't see how this will last long.

As said, I would pay big time for the Denver feeds. I would pay up to 200 annual for just the RM8. Money is not that big of a problem for me, but for many it will be.
Hopefully our grandfathering isn't voided by the changes in the Telecom law that is , or was up for recent passage.

Personally I think you could also add some people from the Satforums web site along with NPS who just seemed to have a vested interest in destroying 4DTV.

There are a few winners there that do nothing but bash the 4DTV and promote Dish Network. They hide their hidden pizza push agenda behind multiple reasons to try to justify them. Anyone with a brain can see through the B.S. Wonder if NPS or Dish was giving kickbacks to them.

One of the weird things I noticed about the X4 feeds is that I was unable to create a favorites list for them. I assume that has something to do with
the Motorola SAC not having the channels in their listings. Although I could bring the channels UP in the favorites software, it would not let me place a check mark
on any channel on X4. I was hoping to do that so I could have them in the guide list in advance.

I'm not sure why you can't setup the interest on your receiver as I've had no problems using the feature on both of my 920's and I just rechecked. As far as I can tell the issue is not with Motorola so maybe your remote enter button is having problems.

Guess I'll have to see what happens after Jan 4. As said I have one receiver (920) that is slaved to my primary one (920). If I have to brick it to receive a guide
and favorites, then so be it. As of right now, if no more channels then what is being offerred now are available it will be hard to justify keeping a subscription going for long. I had the all movie pack up until Dec 22. Having MORE feeds than Directv or dish is what made that attractive. I will keep subbing the starz feeds for about 6 months, in hopes that Denver becomes available by then. If not then it will be sunday ticket time, and bye bye 4D.

I already have Directv (subbed in late OCT) for the HD and basic channels. News feeds and a comparable channel list have to be available in order for this to survive.
Without an equivalent package and price for most basic channels I don't see how this will last long.

As said, I would pay big time for the Denver feeds. I would pay up to 200 annual for just the RM8. Money is not that big of a problem for me, but for many it will be.
Hopefully our grandfathering isn't voided by the changes in the Telecom law that is , or was up for recent passage.

If you're not going to follow the brick procedure you can always use the W5 tile for your subscription until X4 starts to have channels that W5 did not. All one really needs X4 for right now is DMX Music.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)