Which program groups are left - HD Locals

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
Which major programming groups still have disagreement with Dish over HD retrans?

Freedom Corp -

WPEC - West Miami Beach
WWMT - Kalamazoo
WRGB - Schenectady
WTVC - Chattanooga
WLAJ - Lansing
KTVL - Medford
KFDM - Beaumont

Which major programming groups still have disagreement with Dish over HD retrans?

Freedom Corp -

WPEC - West Miami Beach
WWMT - Kalamazoo
WRGB - Schenectady
WTVC - Chattanooga
WLAJ - Lansing
KTVL - Medford
KFDM - Beaumont

Schurz Communications-

KYTV- Springfield,MO.
KSPR- Springfield,MO.
K15CZ- Springfield,MO.

KFDM has always been a stick in the mud over retransimission rights. TWC pays them for their hd signal ,but I wonder how much they are paying to carry it.

Our Newport station in Albany has been on since last week. Have you checked your guide. I understood that they had settled with Newport.

Looks like more Newport stations coming online in HD this week! (ETA 3/5/09)

WHP - Harrisburg
WAWS & WTEV - Jacksonville
KLRT - Little Rock

At least, this is what a little bird told me... I can't get WHP OTA, so I am HOPING this is right!

Looks like more Newport stations coming online in HD this week! (ETA 3/5/09)

WHP - Harrisburg
WAWS & WTEV - Jacksonville
KLRT - Little Rock

At least, this is what a little bird told me... I can't get WHP OTA, so I am HOPING this is right!

I just noticed that WHP-HD is now listed on the dish website as an available local for my zip code (harrisburg dma). I am not home, so I can't check to see if it is really available yet.

Hmm. Well, I can check via slingguide, and whp-hd doesn't appear there. I suspect you're right, that it will be lit up in the next couple of days.

Ken

The ABC affiliate in Salt Lake City is still SD only. I don't know the callsign or the actual owner and I don't really care because I don't watch ABC. But if I did watch it....

I just noticed that WHP-HD is now listed on the dish website as an available local for my zip code (harrisburg dma). I am not home, so I can't check to see if it is really available yet.

Hmm. Well, I can check via slingguide, and whp-hd doesn't appear there. I suspect you're right, that it will be lit up in the next couple of days.

Ken

Newport has an agreement - it is just a question of getting them uploaded. Once VTV went belly up agreement was quick to come.

The issues with PBS is one of motivation by Dish- I would bet they could get most PBS HDs up if they had room and really wanted to. I don't think the stations are holding up an agreement.

So,

Freedom
Schurz
Granite
Fisher