Which Receiver To Get

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kjsmith01993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
North Liberty
I'm putting up a 10' motorized Prodelin dish Tuesday. I'm looking to upgrade to an MPEG4 HD FTA. I'm planning on getting a C/KU LNB later on. Any recommendations on a receiver around the $250 range?

So what do you want the receiver to do? There's some pretty good ones out there for way less than $250. I'd look at the Micro HD. I think they're around $125 but don't quote me on that. There is really good tech support for the Micro right here on SatGuys via Satellite AV to.

Is there much difference between the mini receivers vs the full size? I'm thinking about going with the Amiko Nano HD.

As far a performance no not really. It is just comes down to the ports. Like the Nano HD you ordered has RS-232 and RCA Jacks but you have to you a cable that comes with it to go from a mini port to the size of the one you need; whereas the bigger boxes have their available ports mounted right to the box.

I'm putting up a 10' motorized Prodelin dish Tuesday. I'm looking to upgrade to an MPEG4 HD FTA. I'm planning on getting a C/KU LNB later on. Any recommendations on a receiver around the $250 range?

If you have that much to spend on a receiver, if it were me, I would spend at least half of that on a MicroHD. That would still leave you 125 or so to purchase another receiver, maybe as a backup, or maybe to see whichone you might like better.

I already have a MicroHD and am disappointed with the accuracy of blindscan and the bluescreen I've encountered with DVR recording playback on the unit. Otherwise I like it, but am looking for the integration of mediaplayer / network sharing.

I already have a MicroHD and am disappointed with the accuracy of blindscan

I've also noticed that the Micro HD will miss channels that my Openbox S9 will find using the same equipment. I guess the tuner on the S9 is a bit more sensitive than the one in the Micro.

I bought the Micro to replace the S9 but at this point I'm not sure that's going to happen especially since I like the menu layout on the S9 better also.

I've also noticed that the Micro HD will miss channels that my Openbox S9 will find using the same equipment. I guess the tuner on the S9 is a bit more sensitive than the one in the Micro.

I bought the Micro to replace the S9 but at this point I'm not sure that's going to happen especially since I like the menu layout on the S9 better also.

I like the channel lock light indicator on the Openbox and SkyBox also. It's a feature that I really enjoy as I tweak and change my systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)