Which SWITCH will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

papabruski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
mountain west
So I bo't a diseqc switch to separate the ku and c dishes thinking I could run the SG2100 motor on the ku thru the switch.
Oops. The faq by anole has a single line that sez it won't work. Well...it did work...for about 20min.

Question: is there a switch that will combine signals from a motorized ku dish and a c dish. Or will I need to park the ku in one spot and not use the motor. The c dish is powered by VBox and actuator.

The ku dish has a standard lnbf and the c dish has c/ku-standard lnbf. However, I get better ku reception with ku dish.
I think I understand that a diseqc switch could be added between the lnbf and the motor on the ku and a cable run to the c dish. A 100ft run of cable would probably be enough.

A switch would settle the issue fairly quickly. A cable run will have to wait until snow is gone.

(I've learned a lot via this forum. My thanks to the sponsors and participants)

I run KU motors and C-Band controllers thru a DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted 1X8 switch. No problems with both dishes responding to the movement commands. The switch I used defaults to the #1 lnb position when off, so I don't use that port.
MAYdish 047.JPG

The switch must be the first component inline from the receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts