White Springs 129 strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
I was reading in another thread (didn't want to highjack it) that the mid to west coast has a strong signal from 129.

From here in the Carolinas, I get G10R in the upper 50s to low 60s (Q); however 129 comes in around 28-34. It comes in solid until a plane goes over or it rains :).

Is 129 weaker on the east coast :confused:? I do have several 100ft trees in the back, but looking from the dish point of view, it shouldn't interfere.

The reason I'm asking, I'm going to put a dish1000 for dishHD in the near future and question whether I'll be able to get their 129, since it's having problems....

Thx.

I'm in Indiana, and on my fixed Globecast im getting a Q of 70% on the weaker TP's to 91% on the stronger ones on G10R. As for 129W, yesterday i added another lnb to the Globecast and im getting WSTV at 66%. But, different receivers have different Q readings too. Just because im getting 66% on the Coolsat, i might only get 30% on the Fortec.

Coolsats always read wacky...63 is threshold where as on my Pansat 1500 its 30 and on the 9200 its 40

so each receiver does read differently

Sounds like G27 is weaker based on the ratio/difference from G10R....Thanks. Guess I'll find out if E5 is reachable today or tomorrow when I put up the dish1000.

I get G27 in Ohio with 3-5 percent quality. Never lost picture, it used to be 20 percent a few months ago. Primestar dish and LNB

I'm never too concerned so long as I'm not getting rain/snow/wind fade. My Twinhan always reads higher than my Viewsat. As an extreme example, G25 sometimes shows as low as 2-5Q on my Viewsat and I have no problems at all. If I have problems, I tweak more.

I am getting nothing. Ordinarily a strong signal here, I can't find it on my new receiver. Found it, had to use a blind scan detailed. Weak signal here, unless its my dish positioning.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)