White Springs is missing again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
No signal on the sat for White Springs TV. And just before "Attack of the Giant Leeches" too, dangit.

per their site

White Springs Television is experiencing a satellite outage. We are working on the problem. Our internet feed is available as normal

per their site

White Springs Television is experiencing a satellite outage. We are working on the problem. Our internet feed is available as normal

Great that they actually put that on their website. Much better than us worrying that another one is gone (especially with the losses that have been happening, and I always get nervous when a channel disappears near the end of a month) !

What website is that? I can't see anything about it on the website I have, which is the one with the guide. In fact, nothing looks like its been updated in 2-3yrs.

That's the one I got, but I don't see a thing on there about transmission troubles, the streaming video works, but none of the links on that page say anything new or recent that I can find.
I just thought somebody had found a newer website, their feedback link is old and dead, I've tried it before.

right at the top

also a station that shows movies 40-50 years old aint gonna have a 2k9 website ;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 268
Ah... Good thing I looked here first before having a panic attack and meltdown. Whew!
Hope they can fix it soon, I love those corny old movies, and there should be some real Lu-Lu's coming up for October, what with Halloween coming up. (I get to be a Witch! Wheeeee!)

Ice, that page doesn't display that on my firefox, must be some kinda script that is getting blocked by AdBlockPlus . A mystery. Maybe its in Flash or something, it shouldnt block html.
Thnks

No signal on the sat for White Springs TV. And just before "Attack of the Giant Leeches" too, dangit.

Yeah I tried them last Friday and couldn't get anything but thought it was because my big Dish tracks better to the East then to the West side Satellites. Turbosat do they have a program Guide? Ie how did you know that "Attack of the Giant Leeches" was coming on, or is it on their website??

phottoman I could see the ON AIR thing but that line about the troubles does not display. I don't have the latest Firefox but I do have that adblock extension installed-had forgotten that. It does too good a job, I guess lol. I tried another browser-and the line magically appears!
jssat, yes they have a guide on their website, I think you can even download it in pdf style.

Ice, that page doesn't display that on my firefox, must be some kinda script that is getting blocked by AdBlockPlus . A mystery. Maybe its in Flash or something, it shouldnt block html.
Thnks

That is strange. I'm using Firefox v3.0.14 (no AdBlockPlus, just McAfee Site Advisor which doesn't block anything anyhow) and it displays fine.

phottoman I could see the ON AIR thing but that line about the troubles does not display. I don't have the latest Firefox but I do have that adblock extension installed-had forgotten that. It does too good a job, I guess lol. I tried another browser-and the line magically appears!
jssat, yes they have a guide on their website, I think you can even download it in pdf style.

Thanks turbosat & photoman, yep typed in White Springs on Google Search and sure enough there is the Movie Schedule from Sept 28 to Oct 3, great. Hope they get back on Air again.

Still got version 2.0.0.6 on this one, haha. I know, its sad. But my version of linux you have to manually program flash into it every time you upgrade, small hassle. So i haven't changed it yet.

Ah... Good thing I looked here first before having a panic attack and meltdown. Whew!
Hope they can fix it soon, I love those corny old movies, and there should be some real Lu-Lu's coming up for October, what with Halloween coming up. (I get to be a Witch! Wheeeee!)

Dee_Ann,

Yes, it is always good policy to research every avenue first (before jumping to any conclusions). I lost all my signals the other day. I thought something was severely wrong with my new receiver. The motor would move, but I detected NO signal at all from any sats. I was double checking all my settings and all seemed fine! I was getting a bit flustered at first, since I could not find anything wrong.

I went out to examine the dish and motor (I thought the motor may have been faulted out and not moving at first). When I got out to the dish I found the RG-11 cable disconnected from the LNBF! :eek:

I humorously blamed my brother (just kidding him) for disconnecting it to mess with me. I know he didn't do that, but I had to try to give him a bad time anyway.

I don't quite understand how it came disconnected on its own, but it did. Good thing it didn't harm anything when it came loose.

I thought you might find this a bit humorous and possibly enlightening (i.e. you never know what can happen).

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts