White Springs is missing again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TimLones, try this link and click on the "WSTV HOME" tab at the top left corner of the page. It takes you to the page I mentioned in an above post with the option to either watch TV or check out the guide again.

Hope this works. Good luck...

HTML:
http://www.ftalist.com/ws/current.htm

WHITE SPRINGS TV CHANGING!

Just checked out the websight for WSTV and they are reporting they will become
THE GOLDEN AGE OF MOVIES CHANNEL. And that they will be changing
satellite coordinates. Maybe a sat closer to the center of the nation.
Anyone have any more information.

ya made me look:

The info on the WhiteSprings web site is the same as it's been for a couple of weeks.
Thin and useless. :rolleyes:

But, I did check out our local digital channel 8 station, KFLA.
Their web site says they replaced Whitesprings on 8.2, with a shopping channel.
They are not taking the internet feed, so that's a clue. - :(

Just thought I would pass on to the membership some history on this "station", since it has been around alot longer than alot of them.

I see on thier main page "watch for new coordinates", Does anybody know what these new coordinates are yet, as it would be a really good thing if it was possible for somone with a little pull maybe to try and find out these for the membership.

For now what you can do until we find out the new coordinates is just clic on the "streaming" link on the main White Springs site window, and you can enjoy it from there. Has pretty good pixel quality too. Lots of great old time programming.

Here's some history on this little gem;

White Springs Television (WSTV) is a US network which features mainly motion pictures, owned by Whit Springs Media, with studios in Portland, Oregon and technical facilities in White Springs, Florida (the network being a namesake of the town). It was established in August 2005 by Victor Ives, a veteran Portland broadcaster who helped relaunch KEBN channel 32 (now KRCW-TV) in 1994 with an all-movie schedule. This helped inspire Ives to create a movie channel featuring all movies around the clock -- mostly with films from the public domain and made-for-TV movies, with TV commercials and short features seen only between films.

White Springs Television is available nationwide on selected cable TV systems and television stations, as well as free-to-air Ku-band satellite TV via Intelsat Americas 7 (now known as Galaxy 27). The network's parent company, White Springs Media, also owns the TalkStar Radio Network, as well as satellite teleport facilities.

In the Portland area, White Springs Television can be seen on KWVT-LP in Salem, Oregon. Other outlets include WYGA-LD 16.2 and WANN-LD 29.4 in Atlanta; WWCG-LP in Columbus, Georgia; KFLA-LD Los Angeles; KDEO-LD Denver; KHPK-LP Denton, Texas; and KITL-LP Boise. Company publicity claims over a hundred full- and part-time network affiliates, but doesn't publish a list.

P.S. I have included the link to this little gem for the members, but you will have to change the "*" for "t" to get it too work.

h**p://www.whitesprings.tv/

Still nothing. :river

I moved my White Springs dish over to watch the satellite at 97. Hoping to catch some episodes of I Love Lucy.

white springs - waiting also.

Yes, it would be nice if they could come up on 97 or 101 that i already have tuned in. Turbo, glad to see someone else running Linux besides me. I have found in the past that sometimes they don't get the program schedule updated, but not too often. later....good FTA viewing, All. El_Viejo:rant:

Where are you hoping to find "I Love Lucky" ?

Still nothing. :river

I moved my White Springs dish over to watch the satellite at 97. Hoping to catch some episodes of I Love Lucy.

Where are you hoping to find "I Love Lucky" ?

-

I don't know what's going on with Tele-Culture. Their website still says they're on 97W, the streaming video on their website works, but their channel on 97W was showing color bars for the past few days, and last night it was replaced with an HD feed channel of some sort. (It's using the same PIDs. Lazy at the uplink center I guess. And it's getting mighty crowded on 97W!)

I was thinking that White Springs could benefit by getting themselves on the Roku box since Roku has now opened a "channel store" and is very open to adding new content. White Springs is already streaming online so, to me at least, this seems like a good fit.

I don't know what's going on with Tele-Culture. Their website still says they're on 97W, the streaming video on their website works, but their channel on 97W was showing color bars for the past few days, and last night it was replaced with an HD feed channel of some sort. (It's using the same PIDs. Lazy at the uplink center I guess. And it's getting mighty crowded on 97W!)

I just checked that channel and it's a black screen. :(

satellite tv is so flakey. Channels disappear frequently but new ones rarely ever pop up to fill the gaps.. :river

Now it's a blue screen, with hum bars, that says "Technical Difficulties, Will return soon." But there was definitely an unrelated HD feed there last night.

I love Lucy was on around 1pm est on weekdays

fwiw Tele culture on 97w is just a regurgitation of their internet feed(which is still up). that's why the video quality is less than stellar. Maybe they lost their internet access at the uplink place?

a few weeks ago I recorded the guy restarting their Dell computer and proceeding to try to get it to go full screen for about 15 minutes. here's a few pics

Attachments

• vlcsnap-262348.jpg
    vlcsnap-262348.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 131
  • vlcsnap-262463.jpg
    vlcsnap-262463.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 127
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)