White Springs is missing again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a substitute for White Springs, try going to Youtube and using their search pane. You can watch Dobie Gillis, The Great Gildersleeve,and such old BBC shows as Dads Army & Hancock's Half Hour. Also, Archive.org has many public domain shows from the 1950s (Such as Corliss Archer, etc.) for download. Hope WSTV comes back, though, as I really like to watch the Big Band music they show between films.

As a substitute for White Springs, try going to Youtube and using their search pane. You can watch Dobie Gillis, The Great Gildersleeve,and such old BBC shows as Dads Army & Hancock's Half Hour. Also, Archive.org has many public domain shows from the 1950s (Such as Corliss Archer, etc.) for download. Hope WSTV comes back, though, as I really like to watch the Big Band music they show between films.

What I really miss most of all is "this tv"....

ThisTV is on C-Band if that's an option for you.

No, I'm afraid I don't have one of those. I actually own quite a few of the things but they are all taken down in parts, my ex left behind a large collection of satellite dishes. He was short a few fries of a happy meal. He had told me he was going to make solar water heaters for our hot tub. It never happened though.
But he never stopped collecting the stupid things.

I supposed one of these days I will have to dig through it all and see if any of them can be used for anything or not. Some of them are very large, one of them is more than twice as tall as I am with plenty of room to spare.

I don't think I want to put that one up though, I would have to pay someone to move it and install it, it would cost me a fortune.

IF I do put one of them up I think I'll try for a smaller one that I could handle.
I have a housemate now and I think between the two of us we could manage to put in a smaller one. That is if I can talk her into it.

If you can put up an OTA antenna and are within this area ThisTV is available on KPRC from Houston.
EDIT: Just a note, I can pickup ThisTV on C-Band with my 1.2 meter dish.

Last edited:
If you can put up an OTA antenna and are within this area ThisTV is available on KPRC from Houston.
EDIT: Just a note, I can pickup ThisTV on C-Band with my 1.2 meter dish.

Nope. Just outside of the area. I'm in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area.

I THINK (hope) that I can get it from KPLC in Lake Charles. My dad is able to get it.
He has a BIG antenna up about 25' high on a motor that he can point anywhere he wants.

Dobie Gillis! Mmmmm....Tuesday Weld :up

tuesday_weld_then.JPG

OMG! I was reading some stuff on that second link and I see that you can get a few channels on Dishnet for $10 a month an included in it is Oxygen and We!!!
Also TLC which has What not to Wear! And the weather channel too!

Oh heck yes! And Boomerang is a cartoon channel, that would be good for my grandsons! I *may* consider that option. I wonder though what I would have to buy though, there must be a catch. I'll dig more into it later. I'm pooped.

nite nite guys~! :)

Dee Ann, It's called the "Welcome Pak" or at least it was this summer. $10 a month. I had to bite the bullet since my wife has to watch HGTV. That way we sit and get depressed watching how the rich folks live, in their big houses haha. I just put up an old 18" dish and hooked up one of their old receivers and called them. They did have to send me a new acess card for the receiver which took a couple of days. Blind

This is not a bad option, I called dish to verify. $15.00 and you get the package and 12 locals, w/o a contract. I am having a tough time getting my locals OTA and this would allow me to enjoy my FTA hobby more and still get some decent viewing.I already have a dish 500, waiting to get a reply back on a 501 DVR on CL.
No Doubt

Dee Ann, It's called the "Welcome Pak" or at least it was this summer. $10 a month. I had to bite the bullet since my wife has to watch HGTV. That way we sit and get depressed watching how the rich folks live, in their big houses haha. I just put up an old 18" dish and hooked up one of their old receivers and called them. They did have to send me a new acess card for the receiver which took a couple of days. Blind

New info on webpage

Just looked at the whitesprings.tv site and it says "Watch for new satellite coordinates"
Maybe they haven't cashed in after all!
537pm C

The website is operational to a point.

Live streaming is available and as Turbo said, new satellite co-ordinates will be available soon.

It will also change names to "The Golden Age of Movie Channel".

Appears to be a financial reconstruction maybe. :)

Where have we seen that before? :D

Just looked at the whitesprings.tv site and it says "Watch for new satellite coordinates"
Maybe they haven't cashed in after all!
537pm C

Will WhiteSprings will ever be back on FTA ?

I was listening to TalkStar.

Chuck Harter mention the digital internet connection.

But no mention of satellite.

We can only hope that WhiteSprings will restart broadcasting on KU OR C Band.

_

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts