White Springs is missing again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Then it would seem that the server is up, but they haven't renewed their domain registration. You must have their old IP address cached, because it's not working for other people, including me. Can you post what address it resolves to for you?

Then it would seem that the server is up, but they haven't renewed their domain registration. You must have their old IP address cached, because it's not working for other people, including me. Can you post what address it resolves to for you?

Jim, I'm not sure what you mean by "resolves to", I'm internet challenged. Let me know what you need there and I'll try to get it.

I am using Firefox, if that makes a difference, I tried it with IE and was able to hit the homepage, but couldn't view the stream for some reason.

I think phlatwound's dns cache hasn't updated yet. Still getting parked here. Tried the video stream and yes it is working. This is probably how they are feeding stations now. It is possible they don't want us to know so we don't eat up their bandwidth. As for Scott's question, how can we help when they won't return emails? Seems they don't want anyone to know their problem.

OMG, what a lot of hype! - :eek:

WSTV has such an ego!
They think they are the next Equity network. - :rolleyes:

At least Dee will be happy - sounds like they're coming back just as they were. :up
So, don't ford that stream, don't trudge that swamp, don't get out the boat, your baby is comin' home! - :D

I thought White Springs was run by Chuck Harder's people.

I have been trying to call WSTV all day, finally got an answer, just got off the phone with a lady who answered the phone. She was very guarded in her answers to my questions, I def got the idea she knew plenty she couldn't tell, but bottom line she said hopefully they would be back on satellite, wouldn't or couldn't say when. She said they had a problem, the proplem was not at her location, and she didn't know when they would be back up. But the new name "Golden age of movies" and the website under construction smells like financial troubles: forced sale maybe? If somone else wants to call, the number is 877 528 8099, took about 12 rings to get an answer. Hope they come back, enjoyed that channel.
Sky

Scott, White Springs Media is supposed to be the owner, its an LLC registered in FL. Manager name is same as the email address on the website, Ed something. You should use your crystal ball and see if you can dig up anything on the mystery for us, lol.

I thought White Springs was run by Chuck Harder's people.

I used to love listening to that show a looooong time ago.
I would listen to For The People when I was sitting in the car waiting to pick the kids up from school. He was such a nice man.

But then he got into all that wingnut political garbage and I lost interest in his show.

But a long time ago he was a really great consumer advocate. I miss those old times. :river

edit: Woa! I just went to whitesprings.tv website and there's a whole new page. Sort of corny looking but it sure does seem just like them.
How's that saying go? They are soooooo low rent.. :)

Well, I hope they start sending again. My yard is underwater and I don't feel like going out there and playing "find the satellite" games again.
I sure hope they stay on the 129 satellite, I'm already there.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)