White Springs is missing again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I downloaded an iso file of Ubuntu last Spring -- can't recall version # but I haven't used it because I didn't think my Twinhan 1020a would be supported. Also various drivers might be an issue.

To Whom It May Concern:

That sounds so lame! :D I like "Sir" because it seems more respectful and formal than TWIMC even though the receipient is of unknown gender. Unless one is Gloria Steinem, I highly think women will see it as an attempt at respect.

as for WSTV, if it's still in the arc somewhere, I"ll should find it in the next 3-4 weeks. I"m getting ready to do my bimonthly scouring of the satellite arc to check any signal out that is more than 1-2 mhz wide.

Well, to be honest, waaay back when I was in school we were taught to use "Dear Sir" or if it wasn't to an individual to use "Dear Sirs".

We were taught only to use "Dear Madame" IF and ONLY if we knew for 100% certain that the letter was to a lady. And of course the plural was allowed if it were to a group of ladies.

Maybe times have changed since then, I don't know. I just go with what I was taught was the polite way to address a letter. Maybe I'm out of step with the times.

Oh, and by the way, I am a feminist. Not that anyone would notice. :rolleyes: LOL!
But I'm not a mean hateful feminist like the old school types. I'm a bit more mellow than they were, I just am pro-female and wish we had more rights and power and respect in the world. :(

Anyway, like I said, I just tried to compose a simple letter to unknown persons, assuming it would be to men, in the way I was taught, long ago.

Maybe I should take a class on "Welcome to the 21st century 101" :D

Oh, and still no reply from them. And no satellite either. I can only assume they have ended their satellite business just like all the others. I guess I'll start searching for another satellite to point that dish to. And recommendations?
I was thinking about moving it to the galaxy 97 one since someone said they are running I Love Lucy and old movies there. That would be so much better than watching "No Satellite Signal" scrolling across the screen.. :(

Thanks guys! :)

ARCH linux is a very simple distro.

Arch Linux

It would fly with a 2 ghz processor 2 gig ram and something like xfce for a desktop enviroment.
pacman makes system updates fast and painless , well 99% painless

Simple does not equal easy so there would be a bit of a learning curve, but you would be able to laugh at the setup of an AZBOX HD after you configure your ARCH box.

PC-BSD is a very worthy project but the method of package management is overly complicated. I understand what the goal is but do not agree with the path that they have taken.

do yourself a favor and learn linux, not just a commercial distro. SUSE is a very complex distro.

Actually I found the suse linux pretty easy to install. I just clicked on the default buttons then went about my business. I come back later and click a few more default buttons to finish the setup and bingo, I have a working pc.
But despite it being easy to install, it still crashed a lot. Very annoying.
It crashed so much that I was getting into the bad habit of saying curse words. :( I knew then it was time to find something else.

One of my friends told me the pcbsd was the same thing my macs run so that sounded good and I tried it. Not the same, not even a little bit but it doesn't crash.

I'm thinking about getting a loan on a new pc. Can you buy one without windows? I asked before at Circuit City and they told me no, that only pirates would want to do that and he asked me if I had a stolen copy of windows!
How rude! I told him no, I don't use windows and he said computers won't work without windows. Stupid kid. I gave him a nasty glaring look and walked out.
I'm glad they went out of business. Everyone at places like that treat me like I'm stupid. "Ma'am, now this little thing is the CD drive. It's not a toaster oven." Duh.

I think next time I go buy a computer I'll take a guy with me just so they won't talk down to me. :mad:

I am wondering how long I should wait before I move my White Springs dish over to something else. :(

Sure would be nice to have a motor on it so I don't have to continually play this stupid game. :(

Please, please pretty please come back White Springs!! :love

I guess it's back, as I find it here:
www.whitesprings.tv

Kiss it goodbye. White Springs is history.

Satellite feed dead on Sept 30, END OF MONTH. How odd.
Website gone bye bye too.

Oh yeah. Stick a fork in it, it's done. :sob:

I guess I'll row a boat out to the dishes and repoint that dish at 97 so I can get I Love Lucy. For however little time that will last. Darn it I need a motor dish! :(

RIP White Springs. Many hated you, a few sort of liked you but I loved ya. RIP....

White Springs TV: January, 2007 - September 30, 2009 RIP my friend.. :river

Attachments

• snapshot45.png
    snapshot45.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 120
Cost cutting ?

I bet when their WhiteSpring's uplink went bad; WhiteSprings might have decided that the cost of getting the uplink working again was too high.

They probably decide to stick with the internet stream, and not have the extra cost of uplinking.

This domain is under construction.

Just checked WhiteSprings website.

It says "whitesprings.tv This domain is under construction."

Maybe it is going belly up.

The video feed is dead.

Taslkstar website, and audio feed is still up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts