Who are you talking about... DirecTV or Dish Network???

kg2280

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good Morning All,
I have a simple request... could someone please tell me, or generate some kind of list for what all the different acronyms and abbreviations used to identity a providers are? Specifically, which ones mean Dish Net and which ones means DirecTV.

I see a lot of D*, and E* when comparing prices and service, equipment, etc. in various threads and I have no clue who you are talking about.

Not to sound too sarcastic, but why not just type of the name of the providers in your post, is that not allowed here and we're supposed to use those letters.

Thanks in advance and please don't bite my head off, some of you can get brutal here which is why I rarely post. :D

Good Morning All,
I have a simple request... could someone please tell me, or generate some kind of list for what all the different acronyms and abbreviations used to identity a providers are? Specifically, which ones mean Dish Net and which ones means DirecTV.

I see a lot of D*, and E* when comparing prices and service, equipment, etc. in various threads and I have no clue who you are talking about.

Not to sound too sarcastic, but why not just type of the name of the providers in your post, is that not allowed here and we're supposed to use those letters.

Thanks in advance and please don't bite my head off, some of you can get brutal here which is why I rarely post. :D

E*= Echostar = Dish Network
D*= DirecTV
I hope that helps. :D

Oh come on Hemi, DISH gives customers free foriegn channels instead of Kids channels when you don't want them! I never seen DIRECTV do that! :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)