Whole Home DVR & Series Manager

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kitbear

Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
My whole home DVR setup inlcudes a HR20, HR21, and HR22. The only issue I have is that you don't seem to be able to control the series manager of one DVR from one of the others. I have looked through the forum, to no avail.

Does DirecTV plan on enhancing the product so that you are able to manage all series from any of a multiple DVR setup?

I don't believe that capability exists, yet. I'm hoping DirecTV adds this ability soon because it would be handy to manage recordings on other DVRs!

It does not exist, but we've all been asking for it. There is a poll at the other site, so hopefully Direct is watching.

Hopefully they will update the smart phone apps as well. The app a wonderful tool for setting recordings on different DVR's, but it seems silly that this option doesn't exist on the DVR software.

FYI, if you have an H2x then you can from it.

Hopefully, a future update will alow this between HR2xs.

From an H (non-dvr) receiver you can schedule recordings, by I don't think you can manage the series manager, scheduler, etc. Just schedule recordings - if nothing else is already scheduled on both tuners.

I would like this function too.

From an H (non-dvr) receiver you can schedule recordings, by I don't think you can manage the series manager, scheduler, etc. Just schedule recordings - if nothing else is already scheduled on both tuners.

Yes, all you can do is set up recordings and delete them. No to do list or manage recordings.

It does seem they are tweaking the service. I originally complained that one couldn't determine which DVR the recordings were on. Now you can.

When you click on the recording, in your list, on the screen you'd click to start playing it back, it says the "name" of the DVR it is on (the name you've given it).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)