Why are the Diginets mostly classic TV?

The new stuff is similarly preachy; it simply prioritizes Political Correctness (tolerance, gender equality and plurality) high over the core values of honor and personal responsibility.
No..it is not the same..they don't make shows like emergency or even the Brady bunch

No..it is not the same..they don't make shows like emergency or even the Brady bunch
They do make shows of that caliber, they just can't seem to get the networks interested in playing them. Instead they go with their franchises that have "always worked in the past".

Instead of Emergency, the give us shows that theoretically also appeal to women and revolve around EMTs, firemen and "ripped from the headlines" themes.

A show that really surprised me was The Muppets.

They do make shows of that caliber, they just can't seem to get the networks interested in playing them. Instead they go with their franchises that have "always worked in the past".

Instead of Emergency, the give us shows that theoretically also appeal to women and revolve around EMTs, firemen and "ripped from the headlines" themes.

A show that really surprised me was The Muppets.
Garbage
Vs.

I like classic trash..

Last edited:
Uh, you are saying that the Jack Webb shows like Dragnet, Adam 12 and Emergency were better because new shows are preachy? I actually like those shows, but every single episode bashed the youth of the day.

Reactions: primestar31
Classic tv was made from an older generation for an older generation. Mostly shows I grew up with, that give me a nostalgic feeling when I watch. Shows today are made for a younger generation -millennials. The Baby Boomers (1946-64),which I am one of them are no longer the generation in control and are not making tv for that generation any longer. We have now become the "old" people who gripe about the Younger generation and how bad they act and live. The cycle is complete.

Classic tv was made from an older generation for an older generation. Mostly shows I grew up with, that give me a nostalgic feeling when I watch. Shows today are made for a younger generation -millennials. The Baby Boomers (1946-64),which I am one of them are no longer the generation in control and are not making tv for that generation any longer. We have now become the "old" people who gripe about the Younger generation and how bad they act and live. The cycle is complete.
Except the younger generation has disconnected cable and satellite and enjoys the high quality older shows on FREE tv

Except the younger generation has disconnected cable and satellite and enjoys the high quality older shows on FREE tv
If my kids are an indicator, they're certainly not watching those diginets either. They do watch a lot of stuff over their phone's though.

its true. I have 3 nieces (18,16,10) and the 2 older ones watch most everything on the phone. They rarely watch anything on TV anymore.

I find it funny as years ago everyone was clamoring for "we need a giant ass TV....Have a 60 inch TV? NO!!! WE NEED BIGGER!!! 70 inches!!!" Now they watch programs on a 4 or 5 inch phone
Kinda reminds me of cell phones. Everybody needed smaller. Have a flip phone? Too Big. Need a Moto Startac (look it up....I owned one). Now they get moist when Iphone comes out with a LARGER phone. God some of these people look like they're carrying a book on the side of their hip.

Reactions: jegrant
I understand it as well as any old fossil can. My kids have such a variety of social media apps that give them a constant stream of content. It comes in so hard and heavy that wasting a half hour on one single piece of content is almost unthinkable.
You notice the phone because they are always carrying it, but at least my kids will head over to a tablet or laptop for better viewing when at home. In addition, one can subscribe to certain content and then have it pushed at you, which conventional TV doesn't do. Basically, why wait for content to be available, when there is content out there that is both more timely and readily available when you are?

I have the iPhone 6S (heavier than the regular 6 for some reason) and when they showed me the Plus size model, I said no way. I have an iPad (full size) already, so I don't need to carry a tablet around with me.

That's an awfully broad brush.

It almost sounds like you haven't thoughtfully auditioned very many of them and have instead summarily chosen to dislike them all to simplify your viewing choices.
I agree..I don't watch much network tv..I watch ice road truckers and moonshiners..phony staged reality tv

I grew up watching tv with my grandpa 80s tv shows Airwolf, Knight Rider, Macgyver, Dukes of Hazzard, A team, Tremors NBC Thursday night movie of the week I can tell you the script. On every year during the summer.