why can't Dish fix their bugs?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I just found out that I had the "Cancelled by User" bug again last night, on a program that not only doesn't appear to have any reruns, but that I spent considerable time rearranging timers to enable to be recorded in the first place!

I'm also still having the bug that occurs when a list is more than a certain number of items long (two pages more or less?), scrolling through it results in the order being jumbled with some items being repeated before you get to the bottom.

Finally, there's that video bug that only a few people seem to be having.

All of these have been going on a LONG time, if not forever!

Reactions: electriclarryland
I have seen several reports of this issue by users. Please PM me your receiver number, the event you attempted to record, the time the timer should have fired, and the channel that should have recorded. Thanks.

I just found out that I had the "Cancelled by User" bug again last night, on a program that not only doesn't appear to have any reruns, but that I spent considerable time rearranging timers to enable to be recorded in the first place!

I'm also still having the bug that occurs when a list is more than a certain number of items long (two pages more or less?), scrolling through it results in the order being jumbled with some items being repeated before you get to the bottom.

Finally, there's that video bug that only a few people seem to be having.

All of these have been going on a LONG time, if not forever!

there's really only one bug that's been affecting me and driving me crazy. The one where you skip or rewind back anywhere from 10 to 40 seconds and then play, after a few seconds it just goes back to live TV. It's like I have to be back over a minute in order for it to play without skipping back to live TV. I notice it more on my Joeys because that's where I watch most of my TV.

there's really only one bug that's been affecting me and driving me crazy. The one where you skip or rewind back anywhere from 10 to 40 seconds and then play, after a few seconds it just goes back to live TV. It's like I have to be back over a minute in order for it to play without skipping back to live TV. I notice it more on my Joeys because that's where I watch most of my TV.
That's a new one to me. Never have had happen.

That's a new one to me. Never have had happen.

It happens to me a lot. Usually when I just hit the skip back button. It will play for a few seconds and then skip ahead to live TV again like it's all caught up. So basically it did nothing for me.

I've even hit the skip back button 3 to 4 times and had it happen. It will play for 5 seconds or so and then it goes to live TV. It's like I have to skip back at least 1 minute for it to play properly.

Reactions: savechad
It happens to me a lot. Usually when I just hit the skip back button. It will play for a few seconds and then skip ahead to live TV again like it's all caught up. So basically it did nothing for me.

I've even hit the skip back button 3 to 4 times and had it happen. It will play for 5 seconds or so and then it goes to live TV. It's like I have to skip back at least 1 minute for it to play properly.
I've seen that since I got the hopper so to avoid it I go back an additional 10 secs.

That's been happening to me to for a while now, it started several SW updates ago...

It's been going on for a while with me too. I just thought that I read it on here before and it was a known bug so I haven't said anything about it.

This has been happening regularly for at least three months now. My wife has to stay up late to check and see if her programs are recording, and to fix the errors as they happen. We had better performance from our old VCRs.

That's been happening to me to for a while now, it started several SW updates ago...

Not only does mine do this (again, starting several updates ago), I can always tell it's about to skip back to live because the picture starts pixelating just before going live.

It's been going on for a while with me too. I just thought that I read it on here before and it was a known bug so I haven't said anything about it.
It is known and I thought it was very old. People refer to it as the "jump to live TV" bug. I've seen it myself - if you rewind a short amount (especially when using the 10-second skip-back button), it is pretty common. I am almost certain it happened on the 722k as well.

The hopper is slowly becoming a unreliable car that's about to stall or stop on you when you least expect it. Sad.
Give me back the firmware it had back in sept 2013, then I can trust it again.

Reactions: DWS44
The hopper is slowly becoming a unreliable car that's about to stall or stop on you when you least expect it. Sad.

Well the skip to live bug is my only gripe. I still think it's a pretty solid piece of equipment. I would trade my system in for anything else just because of the tiny issue I have.

Do you mean these are being built by General Motors Corp? Are we going to have millions of recalls?

Reactions: glenwms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)