Why can't they?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
Why can't Directv send bills to the recievers like they do messages? I never have seen any company like cable, Satellite, etc do this. Looks like that would be easy to do.

I don't have trouble getting my bill or anything as its easy to get it on their web site but I was just wondering why they don't use that feature more.

What do you all think?

Lem52

They probably could send the bill to the receiver, but how would it communicate back for you to pay it from the receiver? A lot of people don't have phone lines or ethernet connected to their receivers.

I just had in mind for people to receive the bill and you could look at it. Then of course they would have to pay it a different way. It would be a good way to get the bills though.

Lem52

They could just have a credit card swiper built in to the receiver, so you could pay your bill that way.

Seriously though, I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall that you could view your current statement, or at least recent activity through E*'s receiver.

You can use the interactive features of Dish Network to view and pay your bill. Personally I wouldn't pay my bill through the receiver, online is convenient enough for me. I think they should focus on features related to watching TV on the box and keep the administrative stuff online.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)