Why D* picked Tampa over Seattle for HD LIL:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
It seems that bschneider over at Tampahdtv.com has brought to my attention the newest Nielsen ratings which now explains why Tampa was picked over Seattle for HD LIL channel rollouts. Nielsen now has Tampa as the number 12 DMA while Seattle is now the number 13 DMA. Now we all can quit wondering why Seattle got screwed out of the first HD LIL rollout batch.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html

Thanks to bschneider again for making us aware of this because I for one would not have thought these two markets would have swapped so I would have never looked.

That sucks, Orlando is #20. We will be waiting a long time while our Central Florida brothers and sisters, who are only 85 miles or so away, will be getting upgraded very soon, indeed. Oh well.

Gator5000e said:
That sucks, Orlando is #20. We will be waiting a long time while our Central Florida brothers and sisters, who are only 85 miles or so away, will be getting upgraded very soon, indeed. Oh well.

No worries, it could be a lot worse!!! We could wait forever.... Oh wait... :D

Look at things this way. All of you will get HD LIL channels before 75% of Verizon customers get upgraded to FIOS. Heck I'm in the Tampa Bay Area and I might have to wait until 2007 to get FIOS TV even though I have FIOS internet service today. I'm one of the very very few centrol offices and areas that have fiber installed but until enough people get wired up here in Pinellas County my city won't be seeing TV service from Verizon. So feel bad for me in that I have Verizon fiber but might not ever get the TV service for several years.

What is the expected rate of HD LIL roleout?

I'm a bit behind. How many markets are they opening with and when?
Any idea on how long it will take to get to me at #80? Do we still expect D* to get there before E*?

New Guy said:
I'm a bit behind. How many markets are they opening with and when?
Any idea on how long it will take to get to me at #80? Do we still expect D* to get there before E*?

D* will reach 80 markets befor E* will unless Charlie pulls a rabit out of his arse. With that said my guess for market number 80 would be around summer to fall of 2006. This timeframe could be quicker or longer for any number of reasons.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)