Why didn't we ditch TWC when we had the chance?

The interesting part of the Sam Champion story is that TWC plans on showing even *less* weather in the future, esp. in the mornings. TWC just keeps making themselves less and less relevant.

For the first time, I just looked over DirecTV's Facebook page. Unfortunately, the majority of the posts I read support and don't want TWC removed from DirecTV. However, that could be due to the more sophisticated - almost "cable-like" - method DirecTV uses to provide "Local on the 8s" - unlike DISH. I still don't quite understand why DISH could not have continued carrying WeatherCast (WeatherNation) several years back, along with TWC. There are multiple channels offered for most other genres.

Eric

Weather? What weather?

All I see are stories about weather past. Dish once had their own weather channel. Should have kept it. The current Weather Channel is a total waste of bandwidth. If DTV starts getting rid of useless garbage and replaces it with real channels I might be inclined to switch.

TWC runs adds for donations to the Red Cross during all disasters. So, I am sure that TWC adds money to the Red Cross's abundant coffers, therefore' the instant support from the Red Cross. TWC is not relevant any longer.

TWC runs adds for donations to the Red Cross during all disasters. So, I am sure that TWC adds money to the Red Cross's abundant coffers, therefore' the instant support from the Red Cross. TWC is not relevant any longer.

NICE CONNECTION! Explains the whole thing.

People think they need the weather channel, but never actually watch it.

When a storm comes in, I'm watching my local news first.

It all comes down to raising rates, and the weather channel ain't gonna get away with this one.

As long as this new channel reports on the weather, nobody will care that the weather channel is gone.

Only complaints I can see is from a few old people who don't like change.

Exactly, if there is a weather emergency all the locals plaster their screens with bugs and scrolling messages letting you know of possible danger. I have not tuned in the weather channel in years.

Ahh... Thank goodness I have Dish, sure wouldn't want to miss The Weather Channel... Oh wait, I haven't watched that channel in over a decade! Their website and their iPhone/STB apps are the only useful thing for getting the actual weather. When it's severe, I go to local channels and NWS radio.

So if Dish produced a NOAA app....

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've said before, I only watch TWC during hurricane season to satisfy my sick curiosity (and Stephanie Abrams :)) of the live field reports, even if the storm isn't headed my way.

Former Meterologists and TWC staff from the days when they were a decent network, have got to be enjoying this. I have watched it closely, and it is easily 20 to 1 against TWC.
I have several Weather Channel shirts I bought 11 or 12 years ago. In those days, I couldn't wear one without someone commenting on the them or asking if I worked there... in the last 4 or 5 years, they are rarely mentioned.

Former Meterologists and TWC staff from the days when they were a decent network, have got to be enjoying this. I have watched it closely, and it is easily 20 to 1 against TWC.
I have several Weather Channel shirts I bought 11 or 12 years ago. In those days, I couldn't wear one without someone commenting on the them or asking if I worked there... in the last 4 or 5 years, they are rarely mentioned.

Agree....also, you apparently worked at WOHS (when it was AM 730) back in the day.

“Consumers understand there are now a variety of other ways to get weather coverage, free of reality show clutter, and that The Weather Channel does not have an exclusive on weather coverage – the weather belongs to everyone.”

DirecTV laid the smackdown on those candyasses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts