Why I Like Edision OS Mio+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I have a motorized 1.2m dish connected directly to Tuner A and two fixed 1m dishes for 87W and 103W connected to Tuner B via a diseqc switch on my Mio+. There are 4 LNBs in total counting the C-band LNBF which can be optionally swapped onto the 1.2m.

The 1.2m motorized receives best in all cases except on 103W where the 1m fixed is superior in the current installation. However if a fixed dish will perform satisfactorily, then I prefer recording with them to keep the motorized dish available to use.

With the Mio+, there is great flexibility for which dish and LNB will be seen for a given satellite at a given time. The following can be configured:

- Tuner used for viewing: A or B or Auto. Auto means Mio+ decides based on availability of tuner and factors below.

- Tuner used for recording: A or B or Auto.

- LNB priority: Auto or priority number that you assign which gives preference to one LNB over another.

With above flexibility, I can program which LNB will actually be used for viewing and/or recording in a given situation. This is a powerful capability which I'm sure no other non-enigma2 receiver has.

This is just one example why the Edision in general, and Mio+ in particular, is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have a motorized 1.2m dish connected directly to Tuner A and two fixed 1m dishes for 87W and 103W connected to Tuner B via a diseqc switch on my Mio+. There are 4 LNBs in total counting the C-band LNBF which can be optionally swapped onto the 1.2m.

The 1.2m motorized receives best in all cases except on 103W where the 1m fixed is superior in the current installation. However if a fixed dish will perform satisfactorily, then I prefer recording with them to keep the motorized dish available to use.

With the Mio+, there is great flexibility for which dish and LNB will be seen for a given satellite at a given time. The following can be configured:

- Tuner used for viewing: A or B or Auto. Auto means Mio+ decides based on availability of tuner and factors below.

- Tuner used for recording: A or B or Auto.

- LNB priority: Auto or priority number that you assign which gives preference to one LNB over another.

With above flexibility, I can program which LNB will actually be used for viewing and/or recording in a given situation. This is a powerful capability which I'm sure no other non-enigma2 receiver has.

This is just one example why the Edision in general, and Mio+ in particular, is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I've had the non + from Titanium Satellite for over two years now.Ordered the Mio + Wednesday and got today. Got it all setup but haven't connected 2nd tuner yet but will soon. I like the front display as the clock in standby is larger easier on my old eyes.
Thank you Brian!

After much research I purchased the original Osmio4K. Seeing that the Octo$%^ set top had so many issue on many forums i made the move. Original tnap software never upgraded and works like a Timex "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking." I scan for feeds every day never had a problem what so ever. Brian at Titanium Satellite was very helpful and was easy to get a hold of. If you want to get the best and most solid set top this is the one. Proud customer since 2019. Thank you

What held me back from getting the + (I have mio4K) was the non specific tuner A vs B and what A had over B information from hands on users.
I was trying to compare it to the Zgemma H7 I also have with 2 identical DVB tuners.
Curious to get input. What is the experience in using each tuner?
If things look good. I might get a +.

The Mio+ Tuner A supports DVB-S2X whereas Tuner B only supports DVB-S2. There is no practical issue with this difference that I've found. One time on 22W SES4 there was a data tp I use to find that sat. The data tp RF could not be received using Tuner B. But I could receive it well on Tuner A. But of course it couldn't be locked anyway.

Having a second tuner and multiple dishes opens the possibility of using Picture-in-Picture. So I can have two equal sized windows open and monitor two different channels. This is handy on some of the multi-feed situations.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Not sure if I'll get an osmio4k+. It's kinda nice having 2 separate receivers - 1 for C and 1 for Ku. If the osmio4k+ fails you'll be without a receiver so 2 receivers are better than one. But it does seem like a waste to have a tuner that you can't use in NA. If I do decide to get an osmio4k+, assuming that something "better" doesn't comes along, I'll probably get 2. That's assuming that C band will still be around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts