Why Sirius when Pandora is Free?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My favorite app was TuneIn, however CBS pulled all its stations off of TuneIn earlier this weeks. :( In addition Clear Channel already pulled all its stations from TuneIn as well.

I prefer Slacker and it has some of the genres that are listed as "missing' above.

I use Slacker but unless you cache you may have problems being in wifi or 3g range ina moving car. Sat rasio is not perfect in that regard either but , at least for me, it is somewhat better.

You really have to decide if you like the self programmed Slacker/Pandora stations or the professionally programmed XM/Sirius. then you need to decide of the few missing formats (sports and News come to mind as underserved on Slacker/Pandora0 are worth the subscription fee. What works for me might not work for you.

I prefer Slacker and it has some of the genres that are listed as "missing' above.

I use Slacker but unless you cache you may have problems being in wifi or 3g range ina moving car. Sat rasio is not perfect in that regard either but , at least for me, it is somewhat better.

You really have to decide if you like the self programmed Slacker/Pandora stations or the professionally programmed XM/Sirius. then you need to decide of the few missing formats (sports and News come to mind as underserved on Slacker/Pandora0 are worth the subscription fee. What works for me might not work for you.

slacker has ABC radio news (If u want to pay for it) and ESPN Sports news (If u want to pay for it)

AOL Radio works pretty well still. It carries (or maybe carried) the CBS stations. As the OP stated though, there are many options besides Sirius these days. Hope they don't go hog wild with rates when their agreement to hold prices comes to an end.

I can't get Pandora or TuneIn in my car, at least not yet. I can't get MLB, NFL, NBA (if they ever play again) or NHL on Pandora. Live sports "might" be available on TuneIn, if you know where to look and the games aren't blacked out. This round goes to: SiriusXM. Next?

With Pandora on my phone and "TuneIn" app there as well, what is the point of Sat radio any longer?
1. Commercial-free music
2. Does not require Internet connection (e.g. when you are on the road)
3. Often more stable than the broadband Internet streaming when you are on a long trip
4. Some channels may not be available otherwise
5. It's cheaper than the broadband Internet on the phone

I can't get Pandora or TuneIn in my car, at least not yet. I can't get MLB, NFL, NBA (if they ever play again) or NHL on Pandora. Live sports "might" be available on TuneIn, if you know where to look and the games aren't blacked out. This round goes to: SiriusXM. Next?
I get Pandora and Stitcher in my car which is built into the Sync system. But I play TuneIn and IHeartRadio through my systemusing my iPad but I dont have the voice control through the system like I do with Pandora and Stitcher and also song information is not shown on the navigation screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)