Why we have Sirius

It does not mention XM or Sirius at all in that article, however yesterday I called Sirius to cancel one of my radios and I got to admit it was one of the most pleasant customer service calls I have made in awhile.

Two months ago I had a problem with XM and when I called up it took 3 reps to figure out what I was talking about.

I have to agree, when I had XM the few times I had to call servvice was awful. When I cancelled it was a pain in the neck & took 30 minutes.

The few times I've had to call sirius, to add an additional radio & when I lost my web page login, it was almost wier. It's been so long since I've talked to a real person that speaks english and actually wants to help. This isn't just an XM issue, in my job I have to deal with Dell a lot & that's just insane.

Why do I have Sirius? Howard Stern. Now, Blue Collar Comedy. I love the Blues channel and the jazz channels, too. I've never have the time to explore all the other stuff out there.

As soon as I signed up fo r the service, I bought stock in the company. I have added to my position every quarter.

Customer service with Sirius is exceptional. The times I have called have been great. I too add to my position but every month. Talk is an excellent reason to have this satellite service. Plus Jimmy Buffett.

For those who canceled Xm, I have heard that after you cancel the service resumes again after a few months. I can't remember where I read it but they claimed they were getting the service free.

mruk69 said:
For those who canceled Xm, I have heard that after you cancel the service resumes again after a few months. I can't remember where I read it but they claimed they were getting the service free.

XM seems to make one misstep after another. Sirius is :hungry: their lunch! Two of their board of directors have quit now. The Oprah thing seems like a desperation move that I doubt will pay off. XM is in trouble.

I agree XM is in trouble, and Sirius is on the way up, quick. XM lost NASCAR as of the 2007 race year, which means they now only appeal to me for MLB and for XM channel 173, 700 WLW, which will only remain active as long as ClearChannel remains in an active relationship with them. Once WLW is gone, i'm over to Sirius.

I won't argue with you on their customer service. I don't like to outsource jobs to other countries either, especially when we could get enough people to do the job here. However, I do like XM's quality better even though I listen to both.

That really sucks that xm sent jobs overseas but they have Escape.That is why I'm with XM beautiful music.Sirius doesn't see a need to put that format on.

Escape is just a combo of channels like Spa, Movin'Easy, Love. There really isn't one variety of music you can find on one that the other doesn't have.

Actually Escape isn't a combo.Movin easy plays soft rock,Spa plays Newage.Escape plays beautiful music(instrumental lush strings)by artist like Percy Faith,101 strings,John Fox,Frank Chacksfield etc.Occasionally they play vocals by the Lauri Bower Singers,Ray Conniff and others but mostly instrumental.This is the music you here on Dish Channel 973 and also the kind you use to here at dentist offices and on FM.Sirius doesn't have a format like this.

mainly i listen to XM for BPM, FOX News, and ESPN radio......other than that...XM has no use to me. i thought about going to Sirus but havent heard good things about their Dance stations or lack there of

I have Sirius because it directly integrated with my high end system in my Van, but I added XM internet to my XV6700 cell phone and other laptop for outside the Van listening. Frankly, I feel the XM has higher audio quality that was difficult to even get tolerable on my van's stereo system with sirius. I have to tweak and tweak the crossover network on the speakers to get it good enough. Connecting my XV6700 tuned to XM radio to the same system is way above in audio quality IMO.

But the real reason anyone would chose between the two is programming. At first I wanted XM for that too as I didn't care much for Stern. But, having found Margaritaville, and Playboy channel for provacative talk you won't hear anywhere else even on boreing same old - same old H Stern channels, I think Serius is beginning to grow on me. Plus, when I'm traveling, I like the traffic channels for the major cities I have to traverse through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts