This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

why would someone leave dish

They did the same to me. Sorry, HBO is a deal breaker. They the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence, but the picture quality from DirectTVNow smokes Dish. And my bill is down by $130/month for all the content that I want.

Dish tried to play the net neutrality card.

Reactions: reddice
DirecTV's picture does not "smoke" Dish and get back to us on that bill in a year. I can't begin to imagine what you possibly had that is $130.00 less per month when most everyone pays less than $130.00 per month

DirecTV's picture does not "smoke" Dish and get back to us on that bill in a year. I can't begin to imagine what you possibly had that is $130.00 less per month when most everyone pays less than $130.00 per month

I got a great deal with Dish on my renewal with another year. Dish is still have favorite out there. Maybe I am in the minority, but I do like all of these diginets we are getting.Direct does not carry those. I still have the Super Stations, not available elsewhere, plus Dish still has other channels Direct doesn't. Locally, Spectrum carries more channel like Dish, than Direct does. If I ever was to drop Dish, (I doubt being with them for 20 years), I would go back to cable. I already have Spectrum for phone & Internet. No DSL here. In the future Dish, Direct, Spectrum should have the same packages they have with cable & satellite. With 2 Roku's , Chomecast, and the Fire Stick, streaming rocks. Hopefully high speed will cover more the the country.

I have the HWS, but only get the Welcome Pack. I dropped the movie pack, so my bill is $40 per month. How much would Dish charge me to get a H3 or would they even provide me one with my limited package.

I have the HWS, but only get the Welcome Pack. I dropped the movie pack, so my bill is $40 per month. How much would Dish charge me to get a H3 or would they even provide me one with my limited package.

You would probably have to sign a new 2-year agreement. Even then, they might make you front some of the upgrade cost. I was able to do it for free a couple years ago, but I hear that's changed.

The Fees on Dish will kill you.

Was paying $17 each for (6) 722’s

With Directv I have HR24’s in every room and pay $7 each.

Even if Directv is a few bucks more just the DVR fees make all the difference.

The Fees on Dish will kill you.

Was paying $17 each for (6) 722’s

With Directv I have HR24’s in every room and pay $7 each.

Even if Directv is a few bucks more just the DVR fees make all the difference.

That is actually what I tried to get for my parents, but DirecTV wanted $200 each for the HR24s up-front, so they have an HR44 and two clients, which costs them $25 and $7 respectively, $32 total. That is slightly more than I pay for my Hopper and two Joeys ($32 total). I really liked the combined guide with DirecTV Whole-Home DVR and multiple HR24s when I had it, but it does take more effort and attention to make sure everything gets recorded as schedules change. Of course, with 6 DVRs, maybe that gets easier than with the 2 I had.

Correction: I pay $29 for my Dish equipment.