Wifi Bridge/Extender

We are in a house that one end is our internet connection, wifi router, and computers. The other end is our living room with our PS3 and Ooma phones. I have a Cisco 4 port router/switch that I turned into a wireless bridge. We are at the end of the range where the PS3 (using its own wireless) and the Cisco device is that we have our Directv and Ooma plugged into.

What would a good but not too expensive wireless bridge/switch replacement be? I need a good one that will get my wireless signal even better on that part of the house. The main router is a Cisco/Linksys that is about 3 years old now.

Here's what I'd do and did (BTW I didnt read the entire thread).

Researched the specs of a lot of routers and found one w/ a good balance of ram and processing power (Linksys E3000 before it was retired: IIRC, 64mb, 400mhz).
Changed the firmward to DD-WRT and set it to bridge mode.

Remember, router/bridge/switch blah blah is basically the same hardware w/ the exception of the firmware. DD-WRT will practically do everything you need it to do.

Cheers, K

I think I'm going to go with power line Ethernet. There's a Linksys 4 port power line adapter on Amazon for $70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am still not convinced about these power line gizmos. From what I read, she must be plugged into the wall socket directly bypassing powerbars.

Cheers, K

Am still not convinced about these power line gizmos. From what I read, she must be plugged into the wall socket directly bypassing powerbars.

Cheers, K

I had very poor speeds when I tried them. It could have been noise in electrical wiring or whatever but I just had to try something else since they didnt work well in our home.

I have used them before it just depends on the wiring in the house. Some house's work some are worthless.

Why not fiber some cheap MM with media converters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)