WiFi Signal

Check Ubiquiti and Deliberant products. They are high powered radios that the wireless internet providers use. If you have a place outside to place the radio pointing towards the house with a decent sized panel / sector antenna then that may cover your whole house from one radio.

I have also setup different radios one place or another for better coverage. I have gotten a good ways down the street using the wifi on my phone to still receive text/phone calls using Talkatone since cell reception is poor. I setup each with different SSID's and on separate channels as far away from each other as possible (channel 1 and channel 11 for example) as most others use channel 6.

2.4 GHZ penetrates objects better than 5 ghz but bandwidth is greater as the frequency increases.

Check Ubiquiti and Deliberant products. They are high powered radios that the wireless internet providers use. If you have a place outside to place the radio pointing towards the house with a decent sized panel / sector antenna then that may cover your whole house from one radio.

I have also setup different radios one place or another for better coverage. I have gotten a good ways down the street using the wifi on my phone to still receive text/phone calls using Talkatone since cell reception is poor. I setup each with different SSID's and on separate channels as far away from each other as possible (channel 1 and channel 11 for example) as most others use channel 6.

2.4 GHZ penetrates objects better than 5 ghz but bandwidth is greater as the frequency increases.

+1 on Ubiquity. They are commercial-grade products priced near consumer grade. Most of the models can be managed allowing multiple access points to work seamlessly using the same SSID and allowing the controller to handle channel and power assignment. They also have outdoor rated units to extend the signal outside. They also have a nice little inexpensive stand alone router available. I would go with the higher end units with multiple antennas that can handle 2.4 and 5GHz simultaneously.

With this solution you should run Cat5e or better UTP to each device and connect using a GB Ethernet switch to get the best performance. Given the size and construction of the property, a commercial grade WiFi solution is really the best way to go.

My 802.11ac upgrade, whenever that occurs, will very likely be Ubiquiti equipment. Especially since I'm getting ready to replace my main switches with PoE switches.