wildblue slow speeds! bad transmitters!

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
i don't have wb yet but saw a used system on ebay for $100. i started calling to see about activation and was told no way you must buy new. so i called a local dealer this is a man full of knowledge! we talked for over an hour about all kinds of things. he said get the sn from the transmitter if it starts with ka its a bad batch. wb wont tell there customers unless they know to ask! wouldn't you think they want happy customers at this point there first year!!!

hobojoe said:
i don't have wb yet but saw a used system on ebay for $100. i started calling to see about activation and was told no way you must buy new. so i called a local dealer this is a man full of knowledge! we talked for over an hour about all kinds of things. he said get the sn from the transmitter if it starts with ka its a bad batch. wb wont tell there customers unless they know to ask! wouldn't you think they want happy customers at this point there first year!!!

The title of this thread is about as misleading and completely false as the "Hughes Network is in Financial Trouble!". Absolutely nothing in the posts substantiates the titles. :mad:

What "slow speed"????? The only thing I can see in your post that relates to the alleged "slow speed" is that you "don't have WB yet". :p

As for your "man full of knowledge", it was not just a "bad batch" - WB outsourced a supply of "transmitters" (actual transceivers, "TRIAs", that receive & transmit) from an additional supplier, from Korea, to supplment the Taiwan produced TRIAs. Yes, this model of TRIAs had serial numbers begining with KA.

Apparently WB noticed an increased rate of failures with that build of TRIA's. They first notified every Dealer of this by email, instructing us to suspend installation of these TRIA's while they investigated futher. About 10 days later they notified us again that because of the higher rate of failure WB had decided to terminate any use of this model. Dealers were instructed to return all inventory of this model for exchange of the original model, plus a S&H credit. I checked and didn't have any in inventory.

You state "wb wont tell there customers unless they know to ask!". Do you think WB contacting hundreds of thousands of customers, sending them scrambling up ladders to check the tiny serial numbers on their TRIA's is the professional & expeditous way to handle this?????? :eek:

No, WB quickly and professionaly communicated this issue with its network of Dealers & Installers, who are in the best position to deal with it and support their customers. We maintain records of the serial numbers of every TRIA installed, and I know for a fact none of my customers have this model.

Last edited:
!protest i was told by wb and this guy (installer) it was causing very slow speeds! and i stand behind my title wb direcway and starband all are slower than there advertised speeds! the content of the post was to explain where i got the info. i was trying to let people know about it. the one i saw on ebay was a bad batch unit. the guy was selling because of speeds half as advertised. he said he may have keepted the service if someone would have told him and fixed it. i guess the next time i will not post helpfull information, instead ill just bitch about someones post!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)