will the free snap ever be available to customers

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I have tried several times to get the snap from dish & each time they tell me there are none available

wasn't this supposed to be free to existing customers?

Evidently dish has given up on the snap. They came out last May. If they still don't have them, I don't see them getting them.

I was in the same boat, refused to pay for one. I had a service call to diagnose some issues with my wireless Joey's and they ended up replacing my Hopper with Sling. I asked the service tech if he had any Snaps, and he said he had one on the truck and just had to modify the service order to give it to me. If you have a service call scheduled, ASK YOUR TECH, they may be able to help you.

An installer told me they have snaps for all the Hopper 2000's and Hopper Slings they install or replace. I had to have my HWS replaced and the replacement came with a Snap already installed.

The installer also claimed the replacement HWS was a brand new one, but I'm skeptical of that. It's probably a refurb, but it seems to work fine.

My replacement HWS was definitely a refurb, it has a Blockbuster logo on the front, lol. The Snap was not preinstalled on mine, I had to ask the tech about it before he would install it on the HWS.

I just redid a 2-year pricelock contract last month, & as part of that conversation, they send me out (2) SNAP's for FREE...but that only took care of both HWS.
I tried to ask for a 3rd for the H2K, but he couldn't do it & I didn't want to push my luck...so I picked up one for less than $10 from another member here. ;)

Reactions: dennispap and Bobby
I have tried several times to get the snap from dish & each time they tell me there are none available

wasn't this supposed to be free to existing customers?
I just checked eBay, and there is a listing for a brand new Snap for $9.99 (free shipping included). For that price, it is not worth trying to go through the trouble of getting one for free from Dish. Back in September, I was tired of waiting for Dish to offer them to us, so I bought one on eBay for $14.49 (with shipping). I also had a $5.00 coupon which brought the total price down to $9.49.

The Snap made a big difference in speed with my HWS receiver. It was really worth the low price. I would advise you to just purchase one yourself.

Reactions: DWS44 and Tampa8
Any hopper made before the hopper 3 is pure garbage. I would suggesting upgrading to a hopper 3, but if you have an older hopper, and don't want to upgrade, the $10 spent on eBay is well worth the investment

Because they are holding out for you to upgrade to a hopper three!
:usa

i-will-never-e8f3092ddf.jpg

Any hopper made before the hopper 3 is pure garbage. I would suggesting upgrading to a hopper 3, but if you have an older hopper, and don't want to upgrade, the $10 spent on eBay is well worth the investment
Many here would argue with that statement. I am quite happy with my 2 HWS. The Hopper Snap is definitely worth the small investment. The only reason that I will be upgrading to a H3 will be for 4K.

** I will miss the red recording light when I upgrade. ;)

If that is what you have to say about early Hoppers I would hate to hear what you think of me using a 722K and a 612

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)